New version has made it UNABLE to change rem type. πŸ™„

First, let me say that V 1.4 is a welcome update UI-wise, but also has impeded my workflow.

I used to use the lower bar for changing the rem types/card types.
Menus look much better and can have afaster action I suppose, but at the moment it can not replace the lower bar.

One striking example I would point out is Batch edits of a rem. Specifically w.r.t Multi-Line Rems.

e.g. in the example above, I want a multi-line flashcard [Seen in ;;; VPS, DV].
I want the children (with a normal rem) to act as a part of multi-line rems. I tried selecting and changing them to multi-line anser card. But then this is what happens. :

Earlier, a simple indent followed by outdent would’ve changed the rem type.

Now, it just simply refuses to change it.

UPDATE :: As I found out, the bug is seen only with the Rems created before 1.4 update. All the examples I was testing out were previously Multi-Line Card Rems in 1.3

In 1.4, they were reverted to just normal rems, and has been difficult to change them back to card items ever since.

Previously, the bulk option was in the bottom toolbar. Now, without the toolbar, this function moved to the omnibar.

Select the REMs you want to change and press CTRL + / to change the REMs in bulk.

It’s not happening.
The Rem types are not changing at all…………

Can you bulk change the REMs at all with the omnibar? Does the omnibar open?

Here I select several REMs:
2021-10-16_13-56

And afterwards I open the omnibar and search for β€œcard”. Now all children change into a multi-line-answer-card:

That is exactly what I did.

As a batch function, as well as a single function.

NOTHING. The rem stays the same.

Type /card item instead of /multi-line-answer card

1 Like

Yes, I tried that too.
Same. The rem type just doesn’t change.

FYI, now I am thinking it is specific to my safari on iPad only, gauging only by your responses. That sucks!

I’m also on safari iPad so I think this has either to do with your account or it’s a bug that’s difficult to replicate. You could try deleting and reinstalling the pwa or trying it in the browser, maybe that will fix the issue

You can try a shortcut => Ctrl + Alt + R

UPDATE :: As I found out, the bug is seen only with the Rems created before 1.4 update. All the examples I was testing out were previously Multi-Line Card Rems in 1.3

In 1.4, they were reverted to just normal rems, and has been difficult to change them back to card items ever since.

1 Like