No search function working

Hi all,

I am experiencing a complete loss of search function. I have tried ctrl + p, click in the ‘Search’ bar, used a search portal, I’ve even gone to the flashcards, set to ‘everything’ and tried a search there.

No matter what the search term, I receive no hits at all!

In the search bar type search I simply get the spinning blue wheel. In the search portal I get a constant 0 (zero) whilst it continues to search.

Is anyone else experiencing this and has anyone found a fix?

I don’t know if this is a coincidence but it seems a bit too ‘coincidental’ but there was an update this morning which of course I am now using.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers all, Take care

Do you mean this? :

Check if it works on the browser version
We are not alone with this problem (if it’s the same)

1 Like

Hi _yb,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the very tardy reply :cry:

In answer to your question, yes and no. I now have a situation that if I wait long enough (indexing??) the online version will start to find ctlr-f search items.

However, the PC desktop app version’s condition seems to have deteriorated. Ctrl-f and entering a search term does nothing. No spinning blue circle, nothing at all.

It seems that my experience of the online version has improved but the desktop version has gotten worse.

I am the sort of person that has a very poor appraisal of their own abilities. This causes many issues for me but what makes things worse is that when there is a ‘genuine’ problem, I automatically assume it is something that I have done wrong and start to try to ‘put things right’. This normally means going back over ground I have already covered, rewriting stuff, finding other ways to work…In other words, it is very wasteful and causes a lot of time to be haemorrhaged. Time that cannot be afforded to be lost :frowning:

Once again, sorry for the ton of time it has taken to talk to you. Many thanks for replying to me in the first place.

I hope you are well and you and yours are happy and healthy :smiley:

Take care

1 Like

@puffin
No problem at all, really :slight_smile:

Could you try the following : using CTRL+P instead of CTRL+F? Natively the search funciton from remnote is tied to CTRL+P

What is the behaviour if you click on the search button, at the top part of the side bar?

If the 2 options above do not work, you might be experiencing an actual issue, that I’m not able to reproduce.
Also, if you go to your desktop version, and go to the options, you should be able to see which version of remnote you are running. This might be useful, please share this information as well.

Let us know if this works,

cheers

Remnote Version 1.7.2-beta

Hi again,

…and once again sorry for the length of time it has taken me to reply. Whilst this doesn’t help, I would like to explain. I have medical issues that get in the way of life. This is not an excuse but an explanation as I don’t want you to think I am not very grateful to you and the whole ‘team’ that help us all.

OK, I think the issue is with my laptop.

You will see that taskmanager reports a high CPU value for Remnote. This is apparent for approximately 2-3 minutes when I start the desktop client

When whatever it is that is happening gets done:

Both Ctrl-P and Ctrl-F respond instantly as does clicking in the Search bar at the top left. The dialogues appears instantly and the searches are performed instantly.

As I say, I have no idea what is going on when the laptop is being ‘revved’ hard by Remnote but that seems to correlate with the issues experienced with the search functions.

I guess I’ll just have to be patient for a couple/three minutes and then all seems fine.

Once again, thank you very much and sorry for the delay.

All the best to you all.

солідарність to all but particularly those in Ukraine

Take care and be safe,

Dave

1 Like