Feedback on the Search Improvements made in RemNote 1.6

The setting “Only Search Concepts” really only searches concepts now instead of the

“Default to only searching Concepts & documents (toggle in search with “Alt + C”).” in the detailed description and past behavior of this setting.

Always had this setting on because the standard search was not (and still is not) defaulting to most often referenced REMs

2 Likes

yes i am accessing both servers. now this happens

The search function failure, Search out anything

6 Likes

⌘ + P
All search functions are unavailable

5 Likes

In the latest beta version, the support for Chinese search is even worse, I can no longer search for certain words, I can only search for relevant content through the “Search portal” function, and even the relevant content is still incomplete (this is a constant problem).
In version 1.5.3,

This is in version 1.6
I wish Remnote Team would give more thought to Chinese search, we really need Remnote to be able to search Chinese correctly. remnote is powerful and it would be the strongest if it could perfect Chinese search. It is very sad that in the latest Beta version 1.6, more Chinese will not be searched.
Many thanks to the Remnote team for their efforts and they have already worked on the search function.

6 Likes

For me, the search is broken, the “loading circle” keeps spinning with no end (even before typing anything) on desktop app.

is it because of some sort of indexing going on?

Also, see this : Desktop Client Not Loading Search In Beta 1.6 Update

5 Likes

Otherwise, on the web browser : 10/10 :smiley:

1 Like

when I type [[ for rem refering text, some of them doesn’t show in the shearch box, this also happens when I whan to search something with Crl + P

1 Like

hello and thanks for the wonderful software.

I would like to ask you to make the search by tags more flexible.
for example, I would like to search for all notes where there is a tag ##tasty_food and exclude tags ##italian_cuisine from the search, this functionality is in obsidian.

An example search query could look like this: 1) #delicious_food - #italian_cuisine
2) #delicious_food without: #italian_cuisine

Just to say my search has, like others above, completely stopped working since updating the desktop app to 1.6 - even the search on the help page.

The web app, still on 1.5.3 works perfectly.

Example screenshots of the problem:

2 Likes

This is a separate feature that may be tracked here.

1 Like

after update to beta version search is broken :frowning:

Hello, it’s a fantastic idea. I think you can find this exact same feature request somewhere else in the forum… simply vote for it :slight_smile:

that is actually a big issue :open_mouth:
does this happen with <1.6 version?

always showing:saving to disk. please pause editing until this messae disappears.“addEmbeddedSearch”.
and can’t close remnote program.

1 Like

I too have search broken on the desktop app for a local KB. My webapp KB search is working just fine.

Hey everyone! The 1.6 beta version has search issues on the desktop, and is currently being fixed.
Please de-select the beta setting from the desktop to get back to 1.5.3 or use the web-app please :slight_smile:

It would also be helpful to receive feedback about the quality (priority and speed) on the search in the web versions of 1.6. Thank you for the patience!

6 Likes

could you please submit a bug report with more details to support@remnote.io. thanks!

it looks like this is happening on remnote.com. could you please check if this is happening on beta.remnote.io please?

The new search function in the web version works almost like magic. The speed is amazing, and every interaction has been as smooth as silk. It definitely improves the functionality of RemNote as an external brain, since it allows now for users to retrieve information without any friction.

2 Likes