I took a look and didn’t see this mentioned elsewhere, so I’ll bring it up here.
In creating a Rem Reference, a space is added after it. I am not sure this is needed and would prefer if it did not happen.
- I can see the convenience in that when adding one in the flow of typing, but since I will naturally add a space after a word, I often add an additional space and then delete it.
- After writing a sentence I may go back and add a Rem Reference to a word. This adds a space that I then have to delete, since I already had one in between that word and the next. That creates friction and jumps in my train of thought.
Rem References with the format " | Rem Reference " add additional white space in front of the reference. This is confusing for two reasons:
- There is usually already a space before a reference, and the additional white space creates a kind of jump in the flow of the text. So when I am reading my eyes don’t move smoothly from one word to the next and they break my train of thought not insignificantly.
- That space paired with the "| " adds an additional jump in flow. I much prefer the Rem References that I create that don’t have the bar, but the functionality of each is different.
- Suggestion: Remove " | " and instead color the background of a Rem Reference pale blue. Could be something else too, but the end effect would be that the white space between words is consistent.