Please Stay patience and Trust on RemNote

Due to some technical problem, RemNote Sync server got down. Some are getting so much unpatience. We believe that RemNote can fix everything very quick. So, please be patience and support RemNote on their bad time.
And RemNote please don’t worry, we are stay with RemNote…

11 Likes

I agree! Releasing this new update was a big move and an exciting one. Even though we ran into some issues - we must continue to trust in RemNote!

1 Like

we must nothing. for real i am considering changing… its a massive fail, waste of time sadly

4 Likes

In my opinion, updates aren’t even worth it at this point. Lots of people have lost valuable data and especially when it comes to an app that we’re so dependent on these update incidents are totally intolerable. The new features coming to RemNote are in no way essential but our access to our notes and RemNote’s amazing spaced repetition algorithms are. There is totally no reason for the RemNote team to rush to get the update out — we need quality assurance first.

9 Likes

wondering if people think this is a cult or what?

1 Like

I have been looking for a good Personal Knowledge Management for a while now. I have tried many: obsidian, polar, roam, logseq … By chance I discovered Remnote. It was love at first sight. My workflow improved by steps and for the first time I felt that I could entrust my studies (Russian language) to a PKM. The products mentioned above are also very good, but with Remnote everything went just a little bit easier. The price is also very acceptable.

I agree with the criticism that many of you have already made. First and foremost, a PKM must be reliable and stable. This is where Remnote has completely failed. For me personally, the consequences of the failure are not too bad. However, I can imagine that people who have to take exams or are working on a thesis panic.

I await the explanation of the management team and would like to hear how they intend to avoid this in the future. The product deserves our support, but this really must be a one-off failure. The data is too important to entrust to an unreliable application.

4 Likes

I am quite satisfied about the update for Ipad and mobile phone and the target of making web app.
But I am quite mad at the syncing. Why it happens during my exam…

3 Likes

How can we trust if things are getting worst?
Now all my database is gone!

I love RemNote and recommended it to all my classmates who asked for a good plataform for practicing spaced repetition. But with all the recent issues… if they aren’t getting solved soon, and if my database is not fixed, i’ll quit the plataform and advice all my classmates to do so.

1 Like

Your database will remain intact, the desktop apps will receive a fix today and everything should get back to normal for you. Apologies for the all inconvenience

Here’s an explanation on another thread June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8 - #56 by Karthikk

1 Like

Then yeah… change to another app then. I don’t think anyone is forcing you to stick with remnote. So might as well not say I am “considering” changing. Why not do it now? :slight_smile: You might be happier.

2 Likes

Patience ok… but why i have pay to you for my pacience??

1 Like

Considering some of the comments I have seen here, I believe it is a cult:

“Why don’t you worship some of other holy beings? You must be happier. I am fine with mine, because it is perfect for me. You should not hold my gods accountable for whatever bad things happen to you, because they only bring joys.”

Wink, wink.

I do have enormous empathy towards the team, which has grown rapidly professionally and technically since the beta-testing period of 2020. RemNote has always had problems with each major update, but each time it is getting better. The team has a long internal testing to avoid potential problems. It is so tricky to have a balance between “pushing new features because people are getting impatient” and “having perfectly smooth updating experiences.”

2 Likes

man you are right!! Doing it now! :slight_smile: Have a great day!

I think it’s obvious that changing a “large” pkm is not trivial and there seems not be a easy way to just migrate atm. A part from that I believe it’s clear that we “do like” remnote and we don’t want to switch, we just want to voice our concerns about “fast” pacing in terms of introduction of new useless features. If this keeps happening we might be “forced” to leave. Particularly relevant when we pay $6/month (not cheap).

Said that, also as @JRY mentioned, I do value the hard work of the team and developers put into this tool.

seriously I can’t wait. What I did is I created a new account and it is working fine except the clipper which I like the most. However, I am not sure what will happened to all my notes in my old remote account. Hope you guys at remnote solve the current issue. It’s frustating to be honest. All is well.

Truth to be told, the fast introduction of new features is the reason I stay (and I would contend their usefulness). If they stop releasing new features in 2 - 3 months, I would start looking for alternatives and migrating to a new platform, for that I am worried about the continuous development of the product.

1 Like

Well originaly i was very dissapointed with the Remnote Team for the problems inside new version of software, but they are very interesting for looking fast solutions. Now im happy with the team they understand the problems, work for solutions and send me mesaages every day about the progress. There a lot of bug to work but they are working very good.

1 Like