June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8

Well im migrate to logseq, remnote was a stupid mistake and a waste of money. Vaporware

I am also experiencing lost data of my Rems added yesterday. Also advise not adding content to RemNote until they fix the syncing problems.

P.S: My Rems indeed reapaeared, and by now I think no data was lost.

1 Like

I agree with the consensus. Even as a life-long learner using RemNote as my first PKM, I can’t help but feel a little disappointed with the team’s management. As a PKM tool, I’d also expect reliability and consistency with frequent bug fix updates rather than infrequent feature updates with bloat. RemNote is in full damage control right now, and I hope that critical issues get fixed in a timely manner.

2 Likes

I don’t know how anyone would defend RemNote regarding this disastrous upgrade. With PKM it’s all about stability. Time and time again the team has shown their incompetence. Tell me the last “big” upgrade with no major problems and huge disappointment. I’ve used several tools and never had to deal with so much BS with updates. The RemNote team need to own up and had better make sure crises like this won’t happen again.

1 Like

The Remnote Team has received 3 millions dollar por developing… they spent all in drugs???

2 Likes

We really appreciate all the feedback, patience and support. The past two days have been extremely busy for us. We pushed the 1.8 update after receiving extensive feedback from 500 early testers and doing a couple of rounds of bug-fixes. This ensured the app & the update was stable, reliable and gave an overall positive UX upgrade from 1.7, however the servers failed on us due to an overwhelming load caused by the heavy backend migration that happened with our Database shift.

We have been constantly putting out fires, sending out quick-fixes, reducing the load on the servers by limiting sync etc., and the lack of timely support from our server providers made it impossible for us to fix these issues as fast as we would’ve liked to fix them.

We are still working on this day and night to get everything back online despite the fact that some of us are down with Covid (like it can’t get any worser).

TBH we have had our hands tied with the support tokens and discord, it’s completely on us that we didn’t share more info to the forum.

What to do if you are facing issues:

If anyone is having trouble accessing RemNote, please try reinstalling the latest version from remnote.com/download

If that doesn’t fix the issue, try using the web-app on remnote.com or new.remnote.com or beta.remnote.com

If none of the above is working for you, kindly let us know we will work on giving you access asap.

If you are seeing syncing errors, that is expected. Your data is still being saved locally on your disk, and will sync automatically once the servers are up again. If you are using different apps currently there is a chance that you might not see the newly added notes (that you added in a different device/app) but they should all merge back normally once the servers are up again.

If you are seeing Login expired errors - do not worry, it was caused by one of our attempts at fixing the sync issue. Try logging back in, and if that’s not responsive, close the browser/ desktop app once and open it back again - this should automatically log you back in.

If none of the above works, please come to discord - we are active all the time there trying to fix things.

We apologise for the inconvenience. We will address the feedback once the servers are stable again.

9 Likes

Thank you for the update, very concise and for me reassuring as I am really enjoying using this program. Best wishes to you and your team as you work through the covid issue and will try your recommendations. Thanks again!

Update: We have deployed a fix and most of the issues should be fixed and the sync should be progressively work for everyone. Please let us know if you are still facing other issues.

4 Likes

Brother, everything is working properly, sync gets little bit delaying but workable, no problem.

1 Like

Thank God! Everything is back to normal for mee! Phew

1 Like

Sync is ok! Great job. But in the firefox browser problems with long sentences …

1 Like

We will start working on general bugs soon, please leave a bug report from within the app

My readwise integration doesn’t work anymore since the update, it’s driving me crazy. Is anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it? It’s not a readwise issue as everything else is working fine there…

Everything is working, but my readwise - remnote integration is no longer working which is a massive bummer. Do you guys know why this may be? Thanks!

sadly for me the sync is still not working, but i hope 1-2 more days and everything syncs.

for readwise or in general?

Can you send another discord link, I can’t log in to the server…

The sync now is working for me on all servers.

Desktop App (downloaded today) was failing updating database for not being able local database.

Solved when I ran the exe as admin.

1 Like

Will the readwise integration be fixed soon? my whole workflow depends on it and it is very annoying not having it working