Portal can no longer be part of the card answer after the 1.4 update

I used to using portals as the card answer. But, all these card are messed up after updating to the 1.4 version.

8 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, I can confirm that it doesn’t work anymore and we will work on it.

2 Likes

Can you share a screenshot of such a card in the editor, please? (This was likely unintended behavior originally, but we can check if there’s a way to maintain it)

If I copy a portal to the card, the card will disappear

I have also used portals as “answers” on the back side of the card a lot before. It’s a very crucial feature for me, albeit originally unintended :sweat_smile:

Here’s a screenshot of what this looks like in the editor in 1.4:

1 Like

Same here, please fix. To be more specifically, the answer which is a portal shows up directly without clicking ‘Show Answer’. Clicking ‘Show Answer’ shows the next card, without showing any option for the current card.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve run into the same issue on my end.
My intended workflow:

• Create Rems in a document as I extract and summarize information (ongoing)
  • Create a “Study Guide” or Questions document to put the knowledge in context for a test, exam, course syntax, etc.,
  • Create questions with portals to specific summarized content as the answers; utilizing a Basic Card in this case in the “Study Guide / Questions” document

Expectation: See the flashcard come up with the question of the basic card, click Show Answer and have the content from the Portal appear

Current Outcome: running into the same issue described by @Tom_P RE: flashcard shows the portal by default and “Show Answer” button shows the next card

E.g.,

A snippet of the Rem the portal is pulling from is below

2 Likes

Got the same problem :frowning:

1 Like

You have to select the portal (by placing your cursor on the first line in the portal and then using the ↑ key, which should highlight the portal itself) > Ctrl/Cmd + / > Select Card Item.

3 Likes

Thx a bunch! Is it possible to make this the default?

No worries! :slight_smile: I don’t think so, you’d have to manually make it a card item whenever you want it to be so.

1 Like

I did not know this attributed existed @anisha Thank you!
Will be taking the time to re-create my flashcards to reference my portals again.
I also saw there was a keyboard shortcut for this which is CTRL + ALT + R (for PCs) that will set it as a card item once you select the portal, for some speed and efficiency for you fellow keyboard warriors :slight_smile:

2 Likes