Portal of a Tag (to simplify making summaries)

I’m not sure if that is or isn’t possible yet, but I couldn’t find a way to do it.

I would like to do all my writing on my daily documents and tag my rems to organise my notes afterwards, but so that they still on my daily document in order to track my daily work.

I’m able to create a portal from a Stub and use the Stub as a Tag, and doing so I can see where I tagged the Stub. But if I want to create a summary or a resume of all or some of the rems that I tagged the Stub, I’m not able to.

I could drag the tagged rems to the Stub document and than create a portal from the Stub so that I have all the rems that I need. But this costs quite much work and doing so would take my rems out of my daily document, and I don’t want that.

The solution would be quite simple, just create a portal from the tag and not the document, just like the list of rems where the tag was used (that is shown in the document itself).

But I don’t think this is possible yet.
It would be also really cool if I could choose witch rems I want to use in my summary, so that I don’t have to untag the rems I don’t want to use (and doing so, lose track of the subject it belongs to).

You can create an empty portal inside your daily document and that will create a top-level rem inside the portal which then you can then turn into a document.

You’d basically be editing the content inside your stub but from the daily doc. Does that make sense?

I know what you mean. But I found the function I was looking for. I just created a search portal and searched the Tag. I just hadn’t realised that I need to use 2 times “#”. So now, if I think something is important I can use a Tag so that it automatically shows up in my summary.

2 Likes