Portals are not reliable as two-way links

I’ve been using remnote pretty heavily for the past three months and I’ve noticed what seems to be a bug where sometimes portals won’t appear at the list of instances where a certain rem has been linked in my knowledge base.
For example, if rem X has been used as a reference 3 times and as a portal 1 time, I’ve had the number on the right side show 4 as it should be, but sometimes it shows just 3, and only the references appear at the bottom when I click on the rem. In both situations the portal itself doesn’t disappear, so this just seems to be a problem with faulty backlinking.

There’s a few rem that I KNOW I’ve pasted as portals in one of my daily docs a few weeks ago, but it won’t show, so I had to skim each daily doc until I found the portal manually (searching for the content of the rem doesn’t show portal instances, nor does expanding all rem and trying ctrl+F). This kills one of the biggest advantages of remnote for me, which is the automatic two-way linking. Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is it a bug? I create portals mostly by copying the rem as a portal and pasting it on the target location, if that makes any difference. Thanks!