Prevent Accidental Clicks On Bullet Points

Is there any way to require a double click to open Rems? I find that I accidentally click the circle when trying to click the start of a line for editing and then I accidentally open the rem having to then back out and slightly disturbing work flow. Otherwise, love RemNotes. Wish I had this earlier!!

I agree. Clicking on a rem is significant enough to warrant a bit more friction (either double-click or some modifier key).

There is actually an option for that in Settings/Interface. Totally forgot about it!

What you (ognsya) are talking about is for rem references. Otherwise I mildly agree with the point Omkaar made. I always press the home key on my keyboard for going to the beginning of lines, I don’t use the mouse.
Also, the cursor turns into that pointing finger from a caret once I reach the circle/bullet, so I know when that click will cause a zoom instead of placing the caret in the beginning of the line.

True, it’s just for references. Thanks for pointing it out!

We all do silly stuff :sweat_smile:!!!

Absolutely agree with OP, this is actually one of the most annoying features of Remnote. As someone that never uses the features to zoom into rems, but often clicks it by mistake… please allow for an option to double click to zoom into Rem.
Since it requires a full page refresh it’s something that can get really tiresome when clicked by mistake.

1 Like

It can be a simple solution

.rem-bullet__container {
	pointer-events: none;
}
2 Likes