Queue repeats cards before target date (metadata: "early")

Hi,

I noticed this for some time now, but never had the idea to check the rems metadata.
When I work through my queue, some cards appear again after a few minutes, although they are scheduled for like 3-4 days in the future.

Looking up the metadata, this is what I get:

As you can see, there is the “Early” tag in the “Target Date” column.
I’m on the default scheduling algorithm. The described behaviour is occuring without leaving the queue, or doing anything other than reviewing cards.

Also, it doesn’t happen just once per day and card. It can happen multiple times for a card and inflating the queue quite a lot. This makes studying a lot more time consuming right now.

Is there any other information I could provide to analyze this? Or things I should check, maybe I just did something to trigger this?

Thanks in advance.

Here’s my experience

I’m not certain how frequent this happens because I have the interval indicator turned off so I only notice it if it’s really obvious. For example seeing the same card a minute after even though I pressed good or easy.

Thanks for the info.
I forgot to mention, that I’m only using document queues. Since you are writing about the main queue it seems to be unrelated to that.

I’m bumping this, since the problem is still not fixed and possibly even worse now.
Github-Issue

Not much point bumping this on the forums unless you have found a workaround, team uses GitHub for bugs.