Recommendations on Spaced Repetition Algorithm

Here’s a recommendation after using this properly for the past 9 months. I have seen that when the algorithm asks closely present rems (which are under a particular topic) one after another, it takes more time for me to remember all of them. For example, when sub concepts are closely related and asked one after another, I get overwhelmed but when it happens such that there is a gap between those sub concepts so i can understand them individually and by the time i am familiar with one, I get asked the next so the process is much faster, but the spaced out asking happens very rarely. So i would request you change the algorithm a bit so that it asks closely spaced stuff after certain time intervals in the queue. Also, why are all the image occlusion cards send to the end of the queue, be it the main one or any certain document?

Check that all your clustering options are turned off. Obviously, card created at the same time and answered with the same buttons will have similar practice times, the only solution I can think of is creating an additional “uncluster” toggle to never ask cards in the same document/under the same parent unless they are separated by n cards from elsewhere (if possible, i.e. there are actually enough cards in the queue from enough different parents).

2 Likes