Rem references how to use them?

I wanted to ask about rem references which I am still not sure about. When I am first learning new material, I am not sure how to use references so that specific reference is located in the specific document I am using in instead of placing it as a “stub” reference that I have to later organize to that specific location again.

Please help if possible.

Perhaps this video might also be helpful:

By definition, reference needs an existing rem. If you type stuff with [[ and there is no existing rem, an empty one is created, placed at the top level, and tagged as #Stub. However, if you create the rem for the stuff you want to reference first, it will reference that existing rem.

For example, if you type in “UMNiK is a [[superstar” the “superstar” will be a stub. If you first type in “superstar::something to aspire to, yknow”, then “UMNiK is a [[superstar”, it will reference that “superstar” you created earlier.

Just to add to this:

I’ve started creating a specific document with terminologies that I encounter in a parent topic. Then I reference to that keyword within my notes. This ensures that I don’t get the empty stub.
For instance, I have a document called algorithm terminologies; and I add any keyword I encounter first into this file. Then I reference that in my relevant notes documents or pdf highlights.
I also have a document called Universal Descriptor (building on to the list I got from the remnote documentation).

I hope this helps.

It is a great idea to have a glossary per topic, made even greater by the ability to have the breadcrumbs show up with the reference (right click reference - show full name). For example, you could have “variable” in both programming and maths glossaries and reference the specific one in your algorithm’s description (obviously, as a means of emphasis or distinction rather than turning every word into a reference for the fun of it).