RemNote and PDFs

Hello!

I don’t understand RemNote’s behavior when using PDFs. Maybe someone can help me here.

grafik

I am currently working in a local knowledgebase. Since I created it from scratch it is completely empty. I now switch to “Todays Note” and click on “New Source”. Then I select a PDF and load it into the knowledgebase. My questions:

1. Two entries are displayed under “All Notes” for this single PDF. The format of the name is something like %LOCAL_FILE%QZDRIhUIlcpSq…G723tBW4U7xUvGIlv1r1f82UGh…GCUksyTA6czzllbWlD.pdf My question is why two entries? Do they differ somehow? The entries are identical in name.
  2. Can I delete one of the entries without breaking anything? If yes, which one?
  3. Can I rename one or both entries without breaking anything?

Kind regards
A_F

Edit: I noticed that both entries are different after all. When uploading, an entry is created once without the extension “.pdf” and once with this extension.

The current concept gives me a bit of a headache. I would like to be able to address and call up at least one of the two entries with a human-readable reference in RemNote, so that I can search for this name via the search and also in the overview under “PDFs”. I also don’t understand why at least one of the two entries that takes the filename when adding a PDF to RemNote doesn’t generate some kind of hash value instead. I could understand a single entry having that hash value. But both? Why?

I got the same questions. It looks safe to delete the one with the extension “.pdf”. Then renaming the left one make things all good. But I also don’t understand why two Rems need to be created.