Remnote Search Bug

Whenever I’m trying to search for a rem and type the content of the rem word by word, I still don’t happen to find it in the search options given. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi @ODKhub, thanks for letting us know about this. Could you be a bit more specific? For example, what is the Rem you are trying to find, what text did you search on, and what search results are showing up for you?

If it makes it easier, you can also totally just upload a screenshot showing what you’re currently looking for!

Also, fyi, we have had issues with rem sometimes not appearing in search results, and I’m actively working on fixes for these problems. However, it’s possible your issue isn’t as serious as some of these, so I’ll be able to help you more once I see your specific problem.

Finally, note that just because you might not find something in search, does not mean you’re experiencing a data loss. I just wanted to make that clear, because that’s stressed out some of our other users :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t have examples to give off the top of my head, but yes, I’ve had the same problem regularly. RemNote search in general is not so great.

1 Like

It seems to come and go every so often, but the most similar example would be from the screen shot below. Even though I type extra card detail, one of the more frequent rems I use to tag, the power up itself won’t show.

2 Likes

Just in case this might be useful, I managed to find one just now again. Weirdly enough a reference was shown in the search bar but not the actual rem itself.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely agree that those results are incorrect. We’ll have a search update coming out soon that should address these issues, and also create a generally better search experience. Hang tight! We’re working to make sure you don’t run into these issues anymore!

3 Likes

Also thanks for taking the time to report this. This really helps me figure out where our main issues are and how I can best build solutions for them! :+1:

There are clear indexing problems. Yesterday a search for “Finite category” didn’t include the rem with that exact text, but it did show up in the search “Locally finite category.” The screenshots are on my laptop, I’ll post later if you want them.

1 Like