Remnote still not syncing

Most of the bugs reported before were solved. But syncing is not working. In fact, is worst than before the update, and force syncing is not usable anymore.

4 Likes

The syncing is working perfectly as in my case

I have the same problem. The web and desktop version are not syncing anymore.

2 Likes

have you tried re-installing the app from the website?

I did yesterday. I just realized that there is now an even newer version 1.8.4 but I can’t download it from the website because of access denied error.

1 Like

I’m not working on the app, i’m using the website version

1 Like

i cannot sync from the BROWSER version, not the app. and i’m scared of relogging so i dont lose all my data

1.85 app version don work in linux mint

cannot acces local database, error message 1.85. app in linux mint

1 Like

I’m now at 1.8.5 and it still does not sync with the web version.

1 Like

Looks like some stuff is being synced between desktop and web now, albeit somewhat flakily.

What is definitely not syncing in my case is the status of practiced flashcards. I’m using the web version to practice flashcards in the last few days going down to 0 in the queue every time. However, this is not reflected in the desktop version where the queue size just keeps growing.

i used RemNote in chrome, without the application, and it worked good in terms of synchronisation with my phone to review flashcards…but ever since the new update, the synchronisation doesn’t even work. My phone’s app got crashed…and the desktop app never catches up with the browser edits…i dont understand why would the developers deterioriate this most important feature.

Can anyone explain me how this sync works?
Also, why is there not a ‘force sync all files’ button in the browser version?

2 Likes

I’ve Checked 1.8.6 and still doesn’t work neither Android nor Windows

Even in the browser it’s not the same. On iPhone they are not synced, although i am using browser. I wish them all the best, but if they continue like that i have to consider changing :frowning:

anyone tried the new.remnote.com link? if the android app just starts fetching data from the new server, i hope it will get resolved…Please, developers, do this small change.
thanks

1.8 update is breaking things. There are several new issues. Especially, not syncing is a horrible issue which blocks us from using remnote totally.

Dear RemNote team,

If you guys did not do canary deployment, please consider it next times. Roll out big changes to small portion of users only, and be ready to revert the changes.

1 Like

I’ve Checked 1.8.6 in my two windows machine.One finished syncing soon, and the other is still syncing in 2 days.Who can tell me why

syncing debug info:

Held Locks: Focus
Awaiting Locks:
Lock Keys:
Waiting flags: isCurrentlySyncingFlag,waitingForSyncResponse
Active jobs:
Syncing

• syncAll (1) (916.0 sec)
  • ensureServerSyncedUpToCurrentTimestamp.quanta.remnote-605938c7e5641600347e784b (1) (916.0 sec)
    [{“startTime”:1657600325681,"_id":23,“category”:“Syncing”,“name”:“syncAll”,“timeout”:3000,“options”:{“timeout”:3000}},{“startTime”:1657600325681,"_id":329,“category”:“Syncing”,“name”:“ensureServerSyncedUpToCurrentTimestamp.quanta.remnote-605938c7e5641600347e784b”,“timeout”:3000,“options”:{“timeout”:3000}}]
1 Like

Under the same account, one machine can be synchronized quickly, but the other machine has not been synchronized for nearly three days.
——————————————————————————————————

1.8.7 Linux desktop dont backup no ups old backups, message: cant connect local data base