Remove rem and descendant from pool of search?

Hello :smiley:

I would like to know how one can remove a rem and all its descendants from the pool of searchable rems?

My application is rem where I store references as quick shortcuts in my KB. For simplicity they are simply listed as follow :

My shorcuts
    * [[ref1]]
    * [[ref2]]
    *  etc...

whenever à need to reference Ref1, I’ll get both the actual Ref1, and of course the [[my shortcut\ref1]]. If i’m distracted or in a rush, I’ll reference the latter, meaning the wrong one.

Any ideas ? :slight_smile:
thanks

The long way is to create a Search Query that includes some parent rem, then excludes the unwanted rem. The shorter way is to use hierarchical search (tab in the search) to jump into a parent rem that has only wanted rem.

To come at it in another way, the breadcrumbs in searches are still far from perfect (https://feedback.remnote.com/p/toggle-to-always-show-full-breadcrumbs), but you should still be able to see the last and first one and use that to avoid unwanted references.

Thanks @UMNiK for your answer, but I don’t think it helps with my request

I would like a way to make a rem (and descendant) unsearchable by any means (CTRL+P, or [[, or (( etc )

I’m afraid that is currently not possible. You could export those rem to another KB, I suppose. See also this FR.