[Request] Being able to review multiple rem sibling "front-back" cards in ONE FLASHCARD

Hi RemNote Team,

I just want to start off by saying that I greatly appreciate all of the hard work you guys have been doing. There are a lot of features that have been implemented that greatly improve my ability to learn and retain information. However, I noticed that there is one key feature that seems to be hindering my RemNote experience.

I am currently a 1st year medical student and the information can get to be a lot. I try to make flashcards that have a lot of similar information grouped together.

For instance, for a given illness, I make an illness scipt as follows. Ideally I want a way to turn the bottom note into ONE FLASHCARD with the descriptor prompts given all at once as follows below:

“Disease”

• Epidemiology:: [answer]
  • Mechanism:: [answer]
  • Diagnosis:: [answer]
  • Treatment:: [answer]

Sometimes there is just too much information to go back and remember for these descriptors to be separate cards, I wish we could make one flashcard with multiple lines showing a front prompt (as seen above). There are so many different pieces of information that would just be more efficient to learn on one card in that same fashion.

I know that there is a “shift + enter” command which allows you to make a new line without making a new rem, which you can make a cloze deletion out of. But I want to be able to also insert “extra fields” to show up underneath each rem, as seen below:

“Disease”

• Epidemiology:: [answer]
    • [extra image revealed upon answer]
  • Mechanism:: [answer]
  • Diagnosis:: [answer]
  • treatment:: [answer]

If I was able to make flashcards like this, it would greatly cut down on the amount of separate chunks of information to recall when I got back to review flashcards.

Additionally, if you think about it, this style of flashcard would also be facilitate comparison between two different children rem (i.e. siblings). For example:

• Osteoporosis
    • Primary Osteoporosis → caused by [the normal aging of the skeleton | Flashcard 1]
      • Type 1 Primary → characterized by [increased osteoclast activity | Flashcard 2]
      • Type 2 Primary → characterized by [decreased osteoblast activity | Flashcard 2]
    • Secondary Osteoporosis → caused by [endocrine dysfunction, inherited genetic disorders, immobilization | Flashcard 1]

I know when I study by creating and reviewing an outline outside of the RemNote app, I organized the content of two “sibling rems” to compare them and get a feel for their similarities and differences as shown above, so I imagine that this feature would be well received by your RemNote community, especially since there are many medical students who use the product, where being able to differentiate key differences between diseases is important.

I think that this style of card to tackle comparing and contrasting concepts has much less resistance than simply making a multi-line card that says “compare and contrast these diseases” because the above card style more closely resembles your thoughts in outline form and would require much less mental resistance for an arguably similar result. At least I know that I don’t like having to make large multi-line flashcards with zero ability to give myself any prompt as to what the answers might be.

I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me regarding how to possibly incorporate this.

Do you reckon this is covered by the following FR, or is there something missing from that one that you feel warrants a separate feature request?

No I don’t think that this is the same. I want to be able to view sibling rem’s at one time from one parent in such a way that there are multiple rem’s with a “front” with a “back” that can be revealed, along with any “extra card details” to be revealed underneat that rem.