Saving graph views

I really like the “View Graph” feature in RemNote and how customizable it is (although I’m not sure if the force settings are easily understood). This essentially allows you to build concept maps from your Rem documents which is awesome.

However, I often find these views to be very cluttered and it is a tedious process to clean up the graph (move/expand/hide/… nodes) so that it is actually useable as a tool to facilitate understanding of how my concepts are related. This is fine since RemNote cannot guess what is important for me in this process. But it is really unpleasent to have to rebuild a graph view over and over again as it is not saved after I close the graph pane.

I request a feature to save graph views, at least for every local graph from a document. This data could be stored in each document-tagged Rem and it would be even better to have the ability to store multiple views (not a must-have though).

A graph view that a user arranges themself can have the value of reflecting their own way of thinking about a concept – just like the Rems themself, but on a relational and spacial/diagrammatic level. This is why I think these custom views should be thought of as a tool to create understanding rather than just a different visualization or interface.

Yesss. Please if the developers can do that I will be very grateful

1 Like