Scan documents as images using the phone's camera

First, I love the new ability to adjust the size of the image as it sits in documents/pages - keeps the doc so much cleaner and easier to navigate. Two additional suggestions to improve the user experience with images:

1. Allow drag and drop instead of having to copy and paste (including from screen shots)
  2. Adding in a function to scan documents directly from the phone version/app. There are some notes I prefer to take by hand but want captured electronically to turn into image occlusion cards.

Thanks for your consideration!

yes! this is what we need.
+1 for this post. thanks for bringing it up

ShareX (https://github.com/ShareX/ShareX) is my favorite image capture companion to Anki and RemNote. It allows various kinds of screen capture (including funky things like making animated gifs), automates tasks, has a simple image editor built in, has OCR built in, etc. It has a bit of a learning curve, but mostly because it is so powerful (I don’t use all sorts of features like uploading to dropbox, etc.). It is so quick that (once I’ve set it up for my workflow) I can pretty much take notes in RemNote in real time while in a Zoom meeting or streaming a conference video, etc. I use it all the time for capturing powerpoint presentations in Zoom meetings (sometimes the image, sometimes just the text from the powerpoint using the built in OCR).

It is also open source. Could it (or a stripped-down version that removes integrations not pertinent to RemNote) be incorporated into RemNote? It looks like the license would allow that sort of use.

2 Likes

I think drag and drop is kind of implemented. It works both with image files and opened images if they are draggable (e.g. from a website). The problem is that they can only be dropped into the currently focused rem. Maybe we should file a bug report for this instead.

(I renamed the topic to reflect the second requested feature for better visibility.)

Hey Tim - I know I’m quite late to the party, but thank you for the indroduction to ShareX! What a great tool! Would you mind sharing your mentioned “workflows” for Notetaking with RemNote during a video conference (or in general) - I’d be very interested in that! Thanks in advance! :smiley:

2 Likes