Search function crashing - is anyone having this problem?

For a few hours now RemNote has frozen every time I try to add a Rem Reference (either as Tag or in text), as soon as I type a few letters in the brackets.

Is this happening to anyone else? I’ :hospital:

not in my experience (edge)

thank you for your feedback. have been using firefox on two different devices and the version for windows, but might try with edge

just to be sure : you want to reference something while typing, and you type [[ which prompt the menu we see on your screenshot, then type the first few letters of the reference you want to make and at that moment RemNote crashes?
If that is the case, I can confirm, I have no problem with doing this.

Yes, when I type [[ but also ## and even I’m the search bar that can be opened next to the document tab… so I think it’s something about the search function. I’m wondering if I somehow have too many Rems/Links :thinking:
This really renders RemNote useless for the moment, as I can’t find/link anything :sad

So, it does not happen every time now. But I still have no idea what it is and how to fix it.

This was a problem in a previous version. I think it got fixed. Maybe it is still present in Edge? I just logged into my account on Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.864.54 and I don’t experience this. :frowning:

• Can you make sure you have the latest “version” of RemNote by refreshing the tab?
  • To distinguish an Edge issue and something from your KB could you try in a different browser (Chrome is supported best) or the Desktop app? If it still happens it suggests some data in your knowledge base is causing this.

Actually it has happened in both Edge and Firefox, as well as in the Windows App. I have refreshed/reopened several times (had to since RemNote froze).

I think you are right. What I noticed yesterday was that this seems to be happening mostly with words/letters that are common in my rems and are used in my templates*. For example, I have a literature review template that contains a “Limitations” rem. Thus, “Limitations” is present in every rem from my reference library. Now, when I tried to add a tag with “limitations” to a specific text excerpt, it froze every time. The same thing happened in a different context when I tried to add an in-text reference for “Variceal bleeding” and noticed that “var*” shows up in most of my lit review rems and the template as “xyz variable”. Any idea how I could fix this? Is this caused by the amount of rems that contain these letters? My base is not huge yet, I started using RemNote under a month ago.

*although it does happen in other settings as well, e.g. the example posted above. Not quite as often though.

This is still happening btw