Search not always working

Sometimes search (ctrl-p) doesn’t work: the search window pops up, but it won’t get any hits on a string I know is there. With the web version of RemNote I generally just refresh the window and that fixes the problem. However, I don’t see a way to refresh the desktop app short of closing the app and reopening it (which does fix the search problem).

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a quick way to force a refresh or an easier way to get search to work all the time?

Hey, this sounds like it may be a minor bug. In case you experience this too frequently, consider submitting a bug report on the Github issue tracker.
To answer your question regarding refreshing the desktop app, Cmd + R works on the MacOS app, so I’m guessing that translates to Ctrl + R on Windows.

Is there a chance that you have “Only Search Concepts” enabled? You can try toggling this with “Alt + C” (we’re going to add a visual indicator for this as well).

No, I don’t have “only search concepts” enabled, @Martin. Thanks for the Ctrl-R tip @anisha (I don’t see that one listed in the keyboard shortcuts). It is working this morning. I seem to have the problem more often after I “wake up” the computer from sleep. If I can determine more specific conditions under which it happens I’ll submit a bug report. Thanks!

Hey @Martin

Unfortunately I’m having the same issue as well. Refreshing the Web page fixes it, but I have to restart the desktop app for the search function to work again

I experience this issue quite often and also DM @Martin about it but unfortunately, I don’t know the pattern to reproduce it because it seems random to me. The result in references search just goes empty and it’s fixed when I close and open web/desktop app.

We’ve found an edge-case that can cause search to fail in rare cases; this will be fixed in the next update.