Show off your CSS!

I don’t know if this will pull some attention, but I think it would be cool to have people (css wizards in particular), show of their actual setup :slight_smile:

There is a myriad of customizable brick floating around in the forum, I would like to see them appear in a concrete work setup, with maybe some explanation as why choosing these css bricks, etc. As a bonus, the entire CSS-custom page could be shared …? Idk

It might get people (even more excited) by CSS :smiley:

(tbh : my setup is janky and would like to be inspired! :sweat_smile: )

EDIT :
I guess this post is both things :

1. have glimpse into real useful CSS that is actually used by seasoned user
  2. See how people integrate various useful CSS together, which is a task in itself.

If a beautiful setup shows up, it’s a great bonus :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

if it’s already somewhere, forgive me and let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to check out

1. RemNote Library
  2. GitHub - hannesfrank/awesome-remnote: A curated list of RemNote plugins, themes, tutorials and other resources.
2 Likes

My CSS is actually pretty unspectacular. I basically use the default style plus some functional/semantic CSS (rem icons, pro/con list, …), most of which is published on the library.

There are many more experiments that are not really useful on my Custom CSS page.
I shared a snapshot of it 4 month ago on discord. No guarantees that anything there actually still works! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the unpublished Custom CSS stuff from my main account: RemNote
There is also some more on my dev account, which I have not used in a while. It is not up to date with the latest markup changes: RemNote Something like data-rem-tags → data-rem-container-tags should get most things to working again.

Guess I have to clean it up again and make a new snapshot at some point.

@hannesfrank

Thanks for your answer!

That’s why I asked for actual setup hehe :slight_smile: : I can get excited with css bricks, integrate them, but then observe that I don’t really use them, delete them. Not that they are gimmicky but that their integration in my workflow are minimal.

I guess this post is both things : 1) have glimpse into real useful CSS that is actually used by seasoned user and that “change” RemNote and might be good for me to adopt 2) See how people integrate various useful CSS together, which is a task in itself. (3. if a beautiful setup shows up, it’s a great bonus :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thank you for these inputs. I knew of them.

I’m actually more interested in seeing what people actually use, and how they integrate things together.

I’ll edit the post to reflect that better.

2 Likes

I’m interested in awesome experience and workflow enhancing CSS as well! I loved the idea of super zen mode, but couldn’t get it to work for me. I use the solarized theme and now I can not go without it!

1 Like

Hehe many people seem to love it :slight_smile:

I don’t know how it’s possible, but I completely missed that you posted your CSS custom page in your orignal message :smiley:
Very nice of you, thanks for sharing