Stubs created for each REM

Really confused. Is #stub a place for all rems and tags created? I have been trying to learn how to use stubs, documents and folders to organise rems and I might have messed something up. Now when I create new rems in different days, each new rem is getting a new stub. to this end even though they are all tagged #stub… when I open #stub I ever only see one Rem not all of them.

If there is a chance I have deleted an important file…Is there a way to reset my account?. I have saved the key notes…

Don’t worry, you are not alone. It’s an ongoing bug. Usually any new references or tags created will also have be tagged with #stub, kind of like for tracking these top-level rems.

We need a fix. I am hoping Stubs is like a table of contents for my Rems and tags… It worked for a little while in my first few hours but when I tried to move subs to Pinned it lost the grouping capability. Now each new rem reference creates a new stub. I like the app but cant use the program until this fixed. I need someway to group all my rems and tags so I can see them and organise them.

You can create yourself a table of contents for Rem References (just reference them in your index, or create the reference from that index file) and for Tags (Enable from: Labs → Tag Collection. Then do a search for the Tag PowerUp).

You are supposed to see #Stub for Top-level Rems (Rem without a Parent - so outside of a hierarchy) created from Rem References. See here: https://youtu.be/IuzGho1y4t0

If you are inundated by Stubs every time you create a regular Rem, or they appear as Stubs in the Document Table, that’s a bug.
Can you please confirm whether the #Stubs are or are not working as intended? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am getting a stub document that appears in the document table for every top level Rem I create - each one is a separate document.

Feedback and tips above have made it work. For some reason I have stopped getting multiple stubs for now. My process

• create Top-level REms then Stubs seems to catch them.
  • Moving individual Top-level Rems to be a child under a group (eg staff names under parent “people”). - Tag Parent Rem to be a document and now that Grouping shows as a document in Document Schedule. It works like a table of contents.
  • Only comment is even when I moved the individual Top-level Rem to be under People. The Rem remained in Stubs. Maybe I needed to kill the tag but for now I have left it as under Stubs I now have grouped rem headings and childs.
    This process seems to be overly complicated but as long as I dont get too creative it works. Really like that I can use Rems to group ideas and then edit them as one connected idea.
1 Like

it’s also heavily discussed here under the name “zombie rems”

Improved the | Stub Tag is now applied to all | Rem created by | | Rem Reference, even if not a | Top - Level | Rem

The 1.3 update has both top-level rems & stubs now tagged with stubs. Presumably as a method to track the top level rems down

@jaguari like @Gabriela.AD has mentioned above,
You can think of Stubs like these:

• Rems that were created on the go, by using the [[ (rem referencing function)

• As you are essentially creating new Rem at that point, we are tagging them as a Stub so that they all get collected in one place, in case you forget how to retrieve them.

• Until the latest upgrade to Stubs, the tag was being applied to only Top Level Rems (having no parent above), but now any rem created through the [[ function will get a stub tag.

The workflow I follow is this:

• I periodically check the stubs backlinks and see if I can organise those Rems into my existing organisational structure.
  • Once I move the rem out of there, or if it is already in a place that I am satisfied, I remove the Stub tag.

Hence my Stubs backlinks will be the place for all rems that I created on the go and haven’t yet organised it. Most of the times they won’t need anymore organisation, it’s just a fail safe mechanism.