Sync, including force sync, not working and bad search performance

This appears to be distinct to Please prioritize fixing sync issues - Feedback / Bug Discussion - RemNote since there they mostly report problems with cards but I have nonetheless also left a comment there.

Platform:

M1 MBA (2020) using desktop app v1.3.9, Gigabit home wifi

Right now RemNote is mostly unusable since:

• Local files don’t sync anymore:

It says last synced 2 days ago

• I can’t quit anymore:

• I can’t upload new files anymore (keeps spinning forever)

• Ctrl-z doesn’t work anymore

• deleting multiple cards doesn’t work anymore - if i select multiple, and press delete, only the first will be deleted

• After restart, trying to syncing from local backup is stuck at 0% after hours. Just lost 2 days of note taking work…

I have force synced multiple times, which each took >30min, however that doesn’t appear to actually sync it (despite successful confirmation at the end each time "green popup).

Potentially related. Global knowledge base search often (but not always!) takes at the very least 2-3 seconds to open - the search update when typing is horribly, horribly slow

In the web version the changes from the last two days are not reflected (lots of research work, I’ve backed it up but not verified that the backup was properly created which I hope).

I might just stretch what’s possible in RemNote, I have literally hundreds of PDFs (papers) and douzens >800 page large books stored in RemNote, so my files backup is a few gbs large

ugh this is getting worse and worse.

just restarted - I did a backup before restarting just to be sure. after restarting, all changes from the past 2 days are lost. then when i tried to import the backup

1. none of the new changes were added
  2. it basically created a duplicate of everything.

Is there anything I can do to save this still (1) restore the 2days of work 2) remove the duplicates again)? This is pretty bad - literally hundreds of documents are duplicated no way to do manually.

2 Likes

Exact same issue here… Force syncing isn’t working and just go really fast for me, I can’t either copy and paste my notes on remnote web without having to manually correct everything. So I guess I won’t turn off my computer and hope to find a solution rapidly

Exact same issue here!

Force sync button isn’t working as well

Same issue with me - Sync stopped working and Force sync button not working