Table / spreadsheet functionality

ETA for official table feature in RemNote?

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here for fun and profit:

4 Likes

Hey did you post the css code (Regarding Spreadsheet functionality in RemNote) somewhere here? Because I cant find it. Could you post your implementation?

Thank you for your work!

WIP: Table Layout is one possible CSS solution. If you only want side-by-side viewing, you can use the Columns layout from the Library.

Otherwise it is somewhere burried on my Custom CSS:

Here is the unpublished Custom CSS stuff from my main account: RemNote
There is also some more on my dev account, which I have not used in a while. It is not up to date with the latest markup changes: RemNote Something like data-rem-tagsdata-rem-container-tags should get most things to working again.

1 Like

@hannesfrank , I’d like to have a go at this table implementation. Did you publish it somewhere?

Note I’m referring to the one I’m replying to now (with each row being a different parent Rem), not the main one (which you probably already published).

No, it’s not published but it’s somewhere in my Custom CSS for which I posted the shared articles a while ago in Discord’s developer channel.

It requires an update though because the CSS is from before the November 2020 update. I’ll clean it up and add it to WIP: Table Layout when I find time.

1 Like

I would love to have the ability the add Plain Tables into a RemNote cell :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Almost one year later, and lack of a table/database view is still the main reason I haven’t moved to RemNote yet.

Is this being worked on? Any ballpark ETA?

6 Likes

H there! This is a request to have tables in remnote.
Thanks to CSS I’ve been able to make tables in remnote, which I found incredibly useful when trying to compare different pathologies.
With the new update, everything’s been lost and I can’t use tables anymore. I know there are more people affected and I think it would be wonderful to have tables again.
Thanks!!!

5 Likes

I have been waiting for 1.5 years for the table, used to use css workarounds, now that also doesn’t seem to work…

I just hope we get tables as an update

3 Likes

How much longer is it gonna take for Tables?

3 Likes

How much longer is it gonna take for Tables? x2 :worried:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m waiting for tables too :c

2 Likes

According to the roadmap, it is not planned short term, but medium turn.

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks for mentioning this here.

Others who depend on this feature should be aware of this.
Especially since “medium term” is a subjective term.

In my experience as a user of other similar software, “medium term” usually means a couple months. To me this has not been the case with RemNote so far.

I watched the video they posted for the latest “big redesign” version, and the way tables and queries are mentioned to me feels like it’s something very far off in the future.

1 Like

Table is really demanding feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I regularly copy (or wish to copy) HTML tables into RemNote.

It would be nice to be able to paste an HTML table from a web clip into whatever new table feature RemNote gets (while retaining formatting, at least roughly to include text in correct rows and columns – I don’t generally need to any fancy stuff, though that would be nice too).

2 Likes

I didn’t see a code for the CCS column… I would love to have that

1 Like

Do you need a Column Table?
Try this links:
Modern Column Table - Developers & API / CSS Themes - RemNote

2 Likes