Template should be easily duplicable

I made a template so I can just easily input my practice question and discovered that any repeat slots with the same exact name does register as it’s own slot for some reason.

Slots under a template should be easily added even if it’s a duplicate

Assuming I understand you correctly, this is quite impossible: all rem have a unique id regardless of what text (or whatever else) they contain. Merge your slots into a single slot if you want to collect all backlinks into one, or rename some slots to avoid confusion.

I made 5 slots in my template that just says Why because when I place it in, I put in the rest.

When the template gets automatically added, it only adds one ‘Why’ despite the fact I have 5 different slot rems under it, it seems to automatically merge them when I’ve set it to auto add

Though I guess I’ll just look into uses alias

Thank you very for the response

I was assuming you were experiencing the opposite. What you are doing should definitely be possible, as each “Why” should be its own rem and thus added separately. What happens if you remove the automatic adding? Do you get the option to add each “why” separately one by one?

Yes, I can put them separately and they become their own slot but they do not get added automatically.

I’ve tried to use aliases which work for what I want do (I can manually add the slots then change the name with aliases) to but it adds in the Alias powerup automatically. Is there a way to exclude it?

Seems like a bug rather a lack of functionality. If it works individually, it should work automatically. Bugs are filed on GitHub if you feel up to creating a relatively robust report (so include what you want to do, what you expect to happen, and that it works individually). Alternatively, you could bang up a simple topic on these forums in Bug Discussion (also using our conversation from here).

Edit: I saw that topic already there.

The bug appears to be that whenever I type in the exact same word multiple times, only one pops up with the #automatically add template tag.

1 Like