Template with descendants doesn't work

I created template where one of the rems has 2 descendants. When I want to add that slot, it just adds parent rem, but not 2 descendants.

Perhaps I should add that both, parent and children rems, are designated as “slot” within my template.

Always helps to post a screenshot - or even better your rems for copy&paste - to let people figure out what went wrong in your case :slight_smile:

I have the same question, maybe someone can dig into this if I provide supplementary info.

I created a document where I put my templates. It is inside a portal and looks like this:

When I test it, inside the same document (where I put my templates), the concept and all the descendants are shown.

However, when I use the template in another document, I encounter the same problem like Mechkalito. There is always a descendant missing. I spent 2 hours, deleting and retrying but everytime I get this really annoying problem.

Hope this helps somebody to find a solution. The solution cannot be that portals only work inside the same single document.

Here’s and example (notice that children of level 3 are not recreated in Rem that uses it as a template)

If I add tag that automatically adds all slots, this problem disappears. It appears that issue it with manual approach. Hope developers see this bug.

1 Like

Just adding a link to the feature request of the same.