Allow templates for templates/inheriting slots from added slots

Here’s an example using the Universal Descriptors page.
bolstering is a slot that is a child of ~ and its children are also slots.
If I tag a new rem with ~, I get the option to add bolstering slot to it
But once it’s added, I have no way to get at bolstering’s children, as depicted.
Of course, I can tag bolstering the newly added child with bolstering the original slot to get the option to add its children slots, but that seems like a step too many.
image .

The workaround to this at the moment is to use hierarchical search when adding the first tag to tab into ~ and add bolstering tag, but I think this could be improved by:
checking if a child added from a slot has slots of its own and allowing to bring those in as children.

After all, the power of outlining is creating nested groups.

UPDATE: if you add the slots via either choosing add all rem to this document or tagging the rem that is used as a tag with “automatically add template”, it will add all slots at any indentation. Seems pretty silly to force an all or nothing approach when there is a perfectly good menu to add slots one by one.

Currently, slots + automatically add templates work when a child rem is a slot and a top level rem has automatically add templates enabled.

I think it would be great if children of the slots that are also slots would be automatically added when the top level parent is tagged.

Example Use Case:

- Daily Note # Automatically Add Template
      -  Morning Checklist #Slot
            - 1 #Todo #Slot
            - 2 #Todo #Slot
            - 3 #Todo #Slot
      -  Evening Checklist #Slot
            - 1 #Todo #Slot
            - 2 #Todo #Slot
            - 3 #Todo #Slot
1 Like

Here is a bug report I accidentally made because I felt it already works correctly with the Ctrl + Alt + P shortcut (adding all slots) and only the mouse UX was bugged:

1 Like

Moved to the new platform