Tips/Examples on How to Revise This Document?

I’ve written some notes on a book I like, How to Win Friends and Influence People. However, I don’t think it’s as good as it can be. I’m trying to memorize the info I found useful but I don’t think I’m utilizing the Concept-Framework effectively RemNote. Anyone, have examples or tips on how I could revise this doc?

Definitely some haphazard clozes that would need to be memorised word for word (add hints in parentheses before the cloze or reword). If you found some information broadly interesting rather than immediately useful, you can just leave it as a note (with an eye to to merging and building on it as atomic notes rather than cards). When merging notes, feel free to mark up with bolding (key words from a sentence or paragraph) or highlighter (green-good, yellow-dodgy, red-remove or merge) to make it easier on yourself and avoid duplicates, e.g. you have the (exceedingly trivial, but that’s on the book, not you) tip to remember people’s names in two places. Universal Descriptors could also help to give an overview (e.g. ~Reason or ~Problem and ~Solution pairs).

Thanks @UMNiK! I tried removing the fat (duplicates) as well as using universal descriptors wherever I could. Here’s the updated version RemNote. If you, or anyone else, happens to have the time and give more feedback, that would be very appreciated (I’m mostly having trouble on the rems tagged with the edit later).

Great stuff. I see you have experimented with mixing up multi-lines with clozes. As described in Multiline and list worse than cloze with shift+enter for list flashcards, updates needed , you could combine the two for stuff that has multiple points that you can’t necessarily remember entirely for the moment. For example, in the section about having to critise, you could format the three main points into three clozes in the same rem and merge them as you get more comfortable with each individual one.

Also lovely to see usage of universal descriptors, but depending on how atomic you wish to go (e.g. if the same solution applied to multiple problems and you know you will want to reference just the solution, keep it as separate), you can easily put a few of them in the same rem and close multiple relevant parts, e.g.
could be turned into

I hope it won’t be too meta to offer a bit of criticism now. This section is a mess.

One way to redo it (the caution is ##extra card detail).

I also don’t see a lot of references - possibly because you are just getting your feet wet with different features, but there are a couple freebies, e.g.
is a ~Reason for
Here’s how it would look (after a bit of paraphrasing, the child is again ##extra card detail, you could split it into two separate rem or put a shift+enter newline before ~Aids, depending on how you prefer it to look).
Most of these changes stem from my own experience reviewing cards and, as ever, the materials available (GitHub - hannesfrank/awesome-remnote: A curated list of RemNote plugins, themes, tutorials and other resources.). I know I want the maximum amount of information that is still easily retrievable, but also a cheeky look at the connections and reasons it case it spurs me to reorganise other (bigger) notes or merge some cards. Mind you, I would also take the extra step to move these from the book’s page into my own wiki hierarchy, but that’s optional (the same awesome list has the zettelkasten materials).