Top Discord Suggestions

Here is a list of the top suggestions of Discords discontinued #suggestions channel.
There are 323 suggestions total (first 3 were test messages). 53 of them are tagged with :world_map: (on the roadmap), 21 with :white_check_mark: (implemented) and 249 tagged with neither.

Keep in mind that those tags are most likely not 100% up-to-date (how could they? 323 suggestions?!?). Some roadmap items might have shifted out of priority. Some things might already be implemented, e.g. we already got β€œ#98 repetition settings” and β€œ#31 practice backwards only” from the roadmap.

I capped the hyped list at 10 and upvoted list at 60 entries, but can generate more if required.

Please help migrating suggestions you still like to #feedback Be mindful of duplicates. I think there are a few :laughing:

Happy browsing :slight_smile:

Top 10 hyped suggestions (most total reactions)

βˆ‘ = 77  Suggestion #70   31⬆,1⬇,12🀩,11πŸ’―,8πŸ‰,10πŸ‘,3πŸ˜‹,1πŸ—ΊοΈ jaflo2020#4582       to add tables in remnote
βˆ‘ = 38  Suggestion #1    22⬆,3⬇,10πŸ˜€,3πŸš€        mattygrov#4291       is RemNote the best?
βˆ‘ = 34  Suggestion #30   24⬆,2⬇,7πŸ’―,1πŸ—ΊοΈ        raunak chowdhuri#842 Please add alias rems, that can point to other rems (useful for multiple names for the same concept!)
βˆ‘ = 33  Suggestion #254  28⬆,1⬇,4πŸ—ΊοΈ           Anders#7124          Database-like tables for highly systemized knowledge.   Right now the RemNote excels at  1. novel information where you might encounter something entirely new  2. irregular information where there is a bunch of pieces from templates you've previously defined.   I propose a table with a header that defines slots, and rows generate flashcards according to some formatting rule.   You should ideally be able to add a portal to the table header, and pipe items to a global table from there.    Example: Memorize all countries in europe: name, location, flag, population.   A bullet point list for such systemized knowledge is less readable, and harder to maintain. I would still need to use Anki for this. You should be able to:  1. define a table header (name, location, flag, population)  2. add countries (rows) from one document (countries in europe)  3. extend table of same header from another document (countries in america)
βˆ‘ = 32  Suggestion #58   21⬆,2⬇,7πŸ—ΊοΈ,2RemNote  ankur#7830           a roadmap
βˆ‘ = 30  Suggestion #75   23⬆,2⬇,5RemNote      mews#4683            can you add multiple choice question feature in remnote?
βˆ‘ = 30  Suggestion #143  29⬆,1⬇               Faerch90#5393        A link button for unlinked text references.
βˆ‘ = 29  Suggestion #59   20⬆,2⬇,4πŸ‘,3RemNote   edns100#4851         Windows desktop app with local file storage
βˆ‘ = 29  Suggestion #236  28⬆,1⬇               Chonkers#0508        please let us also attach PDFs to our remnotes!
βˆ‘ = 29  Suggestion #260  28⬆,1⬇               pwince_kwopotkin#561 Be able to input a date for an exam for flashcards and have Remnote automatically change the time intervals for the spaced repetition options based on the date (or suggest them so you can decide if you want to use those intervals or not).

Implemented

Suggestion #56   16⬆,1⬇,2βœ…,1πŸ’―,1πŸ‰      Bring Your Proof#632 add the feature image occulison, the same one found on anki
Suggestion #68   15⬆,1⬇,2βœ…            heisenberg#9459      Ability to make future Daily Notes would be awesome!
Suggestion #209  14⬆,1⬇,1βœ…            Aiden#2073           Support add multiple slots (i.e offer to select specific slots to add)
Suggestion #67   11⬆,1⬇,1βœ…            Anisha#1423          An easier way to turn a rem into a slot than typing /slot. This would make turning multiple rems into slots much easier!
Suggestion #40   10⬆,1⬇,1βœ…            heisenberg#9459      I think there should be a Trash or Recycle Bin, so that some residual text that still has the unwanted flashcard content can be permanently deleted!
Suggestion #109  10⬆,1⬇,2βœ…            Gangula#1870         Provide a feature to add **custom metadata**.  Example: I collect some quotes and song lyrics that inspire me. I would like to add the information of the author of quote or the title of song, year of song.
Suggestion #50   9⬆,1⬇,2βœ…             eiko#4951            embed video
Suggestion #81   9⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             Anisha#1423          **Image occlusion**: Decrease the limit for minimum size of the occlusion box Some of my images have small text and since the box has a minimum size set, it covers up more of the image than I'd like
Suggestion #95   9⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             CrayTee#4366         Option to turn documents into folders
Suggestion #181  9⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             bharathcs#4218       a setting to disable the LaTeX preview while editing a Rem. It covers critical parts of the rem if it crosses multiple lines or if there are multiple LaTeX fields
Suggestion #20   8⬆,1⬇,1β˜‘οΈ            MAB941009#6847       - The **ability to sort selected Rems** eg. by alphabetical order. Useful for organising lists of nouns (in my case, ordering my Document for extension shortcuts to match the corresponding list in the browser). - **Instant formatting** when your cursor is within a word. Currently, shortcuts like 'CTRL + B' do not embolden words you haven't pre-selected with your cursor. --> On a related note, a bug(?): 'CTRL + I' is mapped to both italicise text and initiate a search. (They are not in conflict when you have pre-selected text.) - **Customisable keyboard shortcuts**. (_the holy grail feature! the barrier to unstoppable interconnectedness, between mind and thought, to your fingers becoming tendrils in the wetware of RemNoteWorld, the only world!_)
Suggestion #66   7⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             raunak chowdhuri#842 Reference to Suggestion #23, would be awesome if you could support auto nlp processing of dates like Todoist or the Roam Plugin
Suggestion #72   7⬆,1⬇,2βœ…             joaogui1#8461        only show the "Rems should have unique names, merge..." dialogue after the person is done with the rem, AKA after the person has hit enter and is in another bullet point
Suggestion #23   6⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             afokapu#7776         @remnote_martin  May I suggest a more flexible flexible selection on dates It is a pain if I want to select an older a date with the current date picker. let's say 23 rd june 1980 ? How would you d ithat ?
Suggestion #33   6⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             Anisha#1423          Option to exclude selected child rem(s) of a parent rem - wherein the parent rem is part of a multi-line card (bullets/numbered) - from appearing in the associated flashcard. example: 1. A    - B (child of A) where B may be unrelated to the numbered list that A is a part of but _is_ related to A directly so it makes sense to nest it like so. In this case, it does not make sense for it to appear in the multi-line flashcard that A appears in. at the moment, there is no way to exclude it but it would be nice if it could just remain a note or generate a separate flashcard of its own (e.g. B:: xyz / b::xyz / b is related to A like {{so}})
Suggestion #2    5⬆,2⬇,1βœ…             Jolly Jack#9074      pinnend documents should be able drafts in sidebar πŸ™‚
Suggestion #16   4⬆,1⬇,2βœ…             Anisha#1423          Merging more than two clozes (like a 'Merge all' option) in a rem
Suggestion #12   3⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             draykid#9913         Be able to sort parent comments by alphabetical order
Suggestion #133  3⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             Anthony.S#2383       keyboard shortcut to open filter tool
Suggestion #71   2⬆,1⬇,1βœ…             Convict_x93#9348     In the documents view panel, there needs to be an option to view just the finished documents or the pinned ones
Suggestion #190  1⬆,1⬇,5βœ…             Chonkers#0508        way to collapse the sidebar on the left that shows all your documents

On the Roadmap

Suggestion #70   31⬆,1⬇,12🀩,11πŸ’―,8πŸ‰,10πŸ‘,3πŸ˜‹,1πŸ—ΊοΈ jaflo2020#4582       to add tables in remnote
Suggestion #254  28⬆,1⬇,4πŸ—ΊοΈ           Anders#7124          Database-like tables for highly systemized knowledge.   Right now the RemNote excels at  1. novel information where you might encounter something entirely new  2. irregular information where there is a bunch of pieces from templates you've previously defined.   I propose a table with a header that defines slots, and rows generate flashcards according to some formatting rule.   You should ideally be able to add a portal to the table header, and pipe items to a global table from there.    Example: Memorize all countries in europe: name, location, flag, population.   A bullet point list for such systemized knowledge is less readable, and harder to maintain. I would still need to use Anki for this. You should be able to:  1. define a table header (name, location, flag, population)  2. add countries (rows) from one document (countries in europe)  3. extend table of same header from another document (countries in america)
Suggestion #136  25⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Convict_x93 (Karthik Need an update for tagging system : 1. Multiple rems selected should have an option to tag them all together 2. Copying Multiple tags from a rem and pasting it to another rem
Suggestion #30   24⬆,2⬇,7πŸ’―,1πŸ—ΊοΈ        raunak chowdhuri#842 Please add alias rems, that can point to other rems (useful for multiple names for the same concept!)
Suggestion #6    23⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           User258#1547         The blue box around portals always makes the content feel so disconnected to the rest of the document. Maybe it would be an idea to style it like all the other content and only when selecting/focusing a rem turn the background a little darker or in another colour to indicate this is a portal content and editing this would also change the original content. And instead of having the breadcrumbs of where this original content lives, having a link button. Clicking that directly jumps to the original rem, hovering over that just gives the breadcrumbs. That way the document would look neat and the information (rem is a portal, where is the original rem?, link to that rem) is all still there. Jumping to the original is something that is missing for me in portals.
Suggestion #242  23⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ,3πŸ’―        eiko#4951            flashard learning order setting can be nice, for example you have 3 flasharcards 1) An organelle is a subcellular structure that has one or more specific jobs to perform in the cell, much like an organ does in the body 2) Energy is mainly produced in mitochondria and it is an organelle 3) cellular respiration takes place in mitochondria  in this example if you do not know what is the organelle is you cant understand mitochondria organelle and if you dont know what mitochondria is you cant understand 3rd question.  for these reasons, I may need to understand other cards first to understand some cards
Suggestion #98   22⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           eiko#4951            repetition settings
Suggestion #55   21⬆,1⬇,4πŸ—ΊοΈ           kollo3250#3250       A method to import anki cards into remnotes. Thank you very much
Suggestion #58   21⬆,2⬇,7πŸ—ΊοΈ,2RemNote  ankur#7830           a roadmap
Suggestion #183  20⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           liberated_potato#579 Shortcut key to delete the current Rem
Suggestion #57   18⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Bring Your Proof#632 developers desktop/mobile interface application for offline use and sync between devices similar to anki
Suggestion #94   18⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Bob7540#7540         there should be an option to unhide your occlusion cards in the editor so we don't need to click on the image every time we want to study our notes.
Suggestion #115  18⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           dmrd#9557            change adding a date to !! - right now it makes it nearly impossible to use a single ! in writing
Suggestion #123  18⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Convict_x93 (Karthik DIFFERENT WORKSPACES - Even if not immediate , this needs to be a part and parcel of the app later on πŸ™‚
Suggestion #172  18⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           eiko#4951            calendar view for daily notes
Suggestion #10   17⬆,1⬇,1RemNote,1πŸ—ΊοΈ  afokapu#7776         By the time we get the mobile app, could the website be upgraded to a **PWA** (Progressive Web App) ? **Benefits:** - could save it on mobile home screen - could launch it and it will display in full screen (without the address bar) and behave like an actual app - fix the bug when typing - fix the bug that opens the page on spaced repittion card (see video)
Suggestion #31   17⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           eiko#4951            practice only backwards
Suggestion #130  17⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Chonkers#0508        upload pdf like we can images/video/audio; no way to refer to a specific pdf right now, only able to make note of where i can locate the pdf which isn't efficient
Suggestion #168  16⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           singalong#3542       Make portals cleaner by not showing the indentation lines for the whole rem path
Suggestion #41   15⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Convict_x93#9348     a keyboard shortcut to jump from a child rem to the previous or next parent rem would be soooo time saving ! And would reduce the need to use mouse by a lot as well ; throw in the ability to enter typing mode with another keyboard shortcut ! We can forget the mouse
Suggestion #24   14⬆,1⬇,2πŸ—ΊοΈ           Anisha#1423          Selecting multiple rems and pasting a tag so they all receive the tag (tried this and it doesn't work so have to do it individually)
Suggestion #102  14⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Ziggy50#8284         Let the queue take up the full screen
Suggestion #43   13⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           kriskaminski#4148    possibility to open multiple pages /rems on a side simultaneously
Suggestion #63   13⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           MAB941009#6847       **Default flashcards**: Create a set of Rems on the keyboard shortcuts - A pre-made deck of Rems to quickly learn the keyboard shortcuts would help new and existing users navigate the app more efficiently, and would have the second-order effect of showcasing the potential of RemNote.
Suggestion #97   13⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           nhanvu327#7327       supports graphql api and expose more info for rems
Suggestion #125  13⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Convict_x93 (Karthik Pls pls remove the hierarchy display for templates and let it follow the global design scheme of |  It gets soooooo annoying especially fro daily routine templates
Suggestion #191  13⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           riraito#6675         I like the text box entry idea for study queue, but I dislike how it evaluates so literally: if you don't write EXACTLY what you have in your rem, then it says "not quite right" and this makes answering feel unrewarding even if you get the answer correct (positive reinforcement is lost), therefore my suggestion is to have it show something like "What you entered" (without evaluation of accuracy) vs "What the answer is" and then let the user decide
Suggestion #5    12⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           draykid#9913         animated GIF support
Suggestion #167  12⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Anthony.S#2383       make the reference section more β€˜natural’ to open and view, like how Roam does it.
Suggestion #87   11⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           eiko#4951            export with images
Suggestion #211  11⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Anthony.S#2383       dun show empty rems as hidden texts when collapsed
Suggestion #246  11⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Wallie#4669          add an option to pratice the last queue.  explanation:  currently,  there isn't an option to set our own default page when opening remnote,  many times i find myself going back to a documet or a folder and select 'pratice rems in this document'.  it'd be helpful to have an additonal. shortcut to continue practice the "last queue" from the document or folder  i was previous studying
Suggestion #45   10⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           Sumstuff99#1135      Would it be possible to make the flashcard popup full page with customizable font size?
Suggestion #80   10⬆,1⬇,2πŸ—ΊοΈ           raunak chowdhuri#842 Aliasing one Rem to point to another (useful for when the same ideas have different names). This might be possible to implement using PowerUp Rem. Really looking forward to this feature πŸ™‚
Suggestion #96   10⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ           liam.gower#6575      enable embedding of gifs into pages
Suggestion #3    9⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            raunak chowdhuri#842 Vim keybindings πŸ™‚
Suggestion #7    9⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            User258#1547         Symbols as you type (like in this anki add-on https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2040501954).
Suggestion #32   9⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Noor#8386            insert an audio or video clip from personal files rather just online sources
Suggestion #39   9⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            draykid#9913         Be able to edit heading options (H1, H2, H3) like change font size, bold, color, etc.
Suggestion #192  9⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Anisha#1423          **Option to assign a name to a portal**: When a portal is hidden, it shows '*Unnamed*'. I think it might be easier to identify the contents of the portal if 1. We had an option to name the portal or 2. If a "name" could be assigned automatically based off the contents (name of parent rem with number of shown child rems in portal within parentheses or similar depending on what the content is) This would be helpful in many ways, one of which could be if multiple portals are hidden and you don't want to collapse all of them so as to find the one you're looking for. Not sure if this is a feature already... if it is, I haven't found it πŸ˜…
Suggestion #54   8⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            ethomasv#1040        Option to close individual trail history dots. It would be great, since we have this amazing preview option, to keep in there just the dots we want/need, like a quick shortcuts for the docs we are currently working on, for easier and faster navigation.
Suggestion #138  8⬆,1⬇,2πŸ—ΊοΈ            WollemiaN#4669       visually distinguish cloze that are separated within one rem on the editing page. i.e. when clozes are merged then they are highlighed in the the same colour; when you split the clozes then the second cloze will appear in different highlight
Suggestion #171  8⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Anisha#1423          **Option** to show breadcrumbs in a neater way in the queue when rems are nested several times - e.g. hover to an icon in the queue box to show breadcrumbs / show only the last few breadcrumbs and the rest could be viewed upon hovering over an icon?
Suggestion #42   7⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Convict_x93#9348     oh oh dont forget a keyboard shortcut to paste all the template descriptors once we tag a parent rem πŸ™‚
Suggestion #62   7⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            kriskaminski#4148    export and import as JSON
Suggestion #88   7⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            PandaBoy444#7929     when you mark something with the clipper keep it highlighted and load the highlights when i got back to that page in the future
Suggestion #165  7⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Aiden#2073           Keyboard shortcut conflict on mac: {cmd + alt + d}, {cmd + alt + c}
Suggestion #186  7⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            ankur#7830           fuzzy search
Suggestion #34   6⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Convict_x93#9348     While previewing the reference rem , if the rem is empty , it should be able to show the search portal inside it for Rem references and it needs to get refreshed every time another reference is made. Many a times, a rem is referenced just for the sake for linking . So it would be great to see what are all the links it has in a glance . Also some redesign of the search portal would be great ! it feels very cluttered and is hard to gain information from it especially while focus studying , theres a lot of distraction there
Suggestion #61   6⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Anisha#1423          Similar to how selecting the Edit later option puts a triangle with an ! before notes to indicate that it has to be edited later, a few more such indicators like in OneNote tags (https://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/08/02/cec978da-ade1-4f4b-840f-ef4afe7c134d/resize/400x/e19eb9060118fe49758c83d24afc796e/onenote-2016tags.png), where you have an ! for critical info, ? for possibly indicating something you're unsure about and have to confirm etc. might be a nice addition if feasible
Suggestion #124  6⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            dmrd#9557            allow moving a rem to not have a parent (i.e. parent is GLOBAL_ROOT)
Suggestion #177  5⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            dmrd#9557            Show breadcrumbs as a tree of branching visits when fully expanded. See for inspiration in browser setting: https://twitter.com/szymon_k/status/1289942401318977537
Suggestion #170  2⬆,1⬇,1πŸ—ΊοΈ            Panopticon#3014      turn top into bottom with a Template Table View

Most upvoted

Suggestion #143  29⬆,1⬇               Faerch90#5393        A link button for unlinked text references.
Suggestion #236  28⬆,1⬇               Chonkers#0508        please let us also attach PDFs to our remnotes!
Suggestion #260  28⬆,1⬇               pwince_kwopotkin#561 Be able to input a date for an exam for flashcards and have Remnote automatically change the time intervals for the spaced repetition options based on the date (or suggest them so you can decide if you want to use those intervals or not).
Suggestion #137  26⬆,1⬇               Convict_x93 (Karthik Filter option in the document should be able to find tags even inside collapsed rems, portals and search portals
Suggestion #75   23⬆,2⬇,5RemNote      mews#4683            can you add multiple choice question feature in remnote?
Suggestion #144  23⬆,1⬇               Faerch90#5393        Choose your own startpage (mine would the daily note of the day πŸ™πŸ»)
Suggestion #1    22⬆,3⬇,10πŸ˜€,3πŸš€        mattygrov#4291       is RemNote the best?
Suggestion #241  22⬆,1⬇               aj#7369              a feature to show all unlinked references of concepts inside an open note. eg. Open Note has many concepts (not linked) mention in text . when i press some scan button it should search all words with my current list of concepts and show possible links i can make
Suggestion #272  22⬆,1⬇               matleoni#9353        ability to create a link to a Rem that displays in its name something customizable. For example: I want to link to a Rem that is: "Thinking fast and slow - Daniel Kahneman" but I'd like to have a link that is only named "Thinking fast and slow" so that it makes for sense in the context of where the link will be placed.
Suggestion #324  22⬆,1⬇               Timmoti#3793         Ability to crop images directly in RemNote
Suggestion #101  21⬆,1⬇               joaogui1#8461        graph view of documents
Suggestion #108  21⬆,1⬇               nhanvu327#7327       view-only mode
Suggestion #117  21⬆,1⬇               Convict_x93 (Karthik Need an option to strikethrough without having to turn it into a TODO
Suggestion #119  21⬆,1⬇               PandaBoy444#7929     scroll when I reach the end of the page while writing, right now it keeps writing off screen
Suggestion #59   20⬆,2⬇,4πŸ‘,3RemNote   edns100#4851         Windows desktop app with local file storage
Suggestion #271  20⬆,1⬇               matleoni#9353        feature to turn a Rem into a line divider to help to organize documents. Similar to what exist in notion with /divider. I sometimes use empty Rems to separate some ideas, but a line would do a better job.
Suggestion #166  19⬆,2⬇               Faerch90#5393        Manual save button πŸ™ˆ
Suggestion #228  19⬆,1⬇               Aly McBusybee#2942   Integration with excalidraw to be able to quickly draw diagrams and relationships https://github.com/excalidraw/excalidraw
Suggestion #273  19⬆,1⬇               liberated_potato#579 a section somewhere that lists all the powerup rems. This is especially useful for new users to leverage all possible existing powerups and future powerups
Suggestion #99   18⬆,1⬇               eiko#4951            cloze hints
Suggestion #77   17⬆,2⬇,3RemNote      PandaBoy444#7929     customize color palette for highlights n stuff
Suggestion #107  17⬆,1⬇               WriterlyHacker#7631  A template channel for people to share templates
Suggestion #173  17⬆,1⬇               matleoni#9353        built in graph view
Suggestion #238  17⬆,1⬇               eiko#4951            For example, I have a reference called "Glut-1", but one day when I want to delete the "glut-1" page, the "glut-1" reference on the first page returns to "Deleted Rem: Glut-1". Can you make it return to the normal text without reference (Glut-1)?
Suggestion #281  17⬆,1⬇               Mr. Sadman#3171      editing pictures (crop) in app as well as being able to add text some of which can be made into image occlusion cards that we can type out
Suggestion #326  17⬆,2⬇               Anisha#1423          **Shuffle cards**: A button in the queue to shuffle the cards or an update to the algorithm so it doesn't display cards in the same rem in almost the same order that they were made in
Suggestion #204  16⬆,1⬇               Anisha#1423          **Suggestion #203 EDIT**: 2. Treat the child multiline as separate allowing it to generate its own card AND its contents will not be shown in the card generated by the parent multiline
Suggestion #222  16⬆,1⬇               eiko#4951            image ocr feature (for search)
Suggestion #231  16⬆,1⬇               dmrd#9557            Allow splitting panes arbitrarily vertically or horizontally like in a text editor. Also see tiling window managers (i3, xmonad, ...) for inspiration
Suggestion #245  16⬆,1⬇               Ziggy50#8284         Ability to suspend cards
Suggestion #48   15⬆,1⬇               MAB941009#6847       - **List of known bugs**: Keep a public (perhaps pinned, or in a locked channel) list of known bugs in RemNote. May help to reduce duplicate reports, and reassure confidence in new users.
Suggestion #184  15⬆,1⬇               liberated_potato#579 Add ability to pin a Window in 'Split Window Mode' so that all the newly opened Rems go to the other window.  Currently, I have to always double check in which window my cursor is before opening any new Rem
Suggestion #202  15⬆,2⬇               Anthony.S#2383       embed pdf function
Suggestion #219  15⬆,1⬇               Aly McBusybee#2942   Ability to randomly roam through the knowledge base to re-surface old ideas. Example https://forum.roamresearch.com/t/open-random-page-from-anywhere-in-roam-shift-click/1415
Suggestion #269  15⬆,3⬇               Aiden#2073           Add a lock feature (i.e can read, reference but can not edit) for the finished documents
Suggestion #310  15⬆,1⬇               Discordy#9612        Add logical operators to search portal (AND, OR, NOT). For example, I want to filter all rems with tag A AND tag B but not reference C.
Suggestion #320  15⬆,1⬇               Anisha#1423          **Preview mode**: Same as Anki, ability to simply preview all cards in a rem one after the other without counting towards SRS and without having to rate the cards because there's no testing involved. I think this is a more time-efficient alternative as opposed to having to place the cursor in each rem and then hovering over the cards icon in the bottom toolbar repeatedly πŸ˜… Also, these mini previews are not as helpful in case of rems with more information on the back so this would solve that issue too.
Suggestion #69   14⬆,1⬇,1RemNote      CrayTee#4366         Option to ignore Flashcards from a particular document/folder while going through the Queue. Just for that session.
Suggestion #73   14⬆,1⬇,1RemNote      ViSiKa#0869          Repetition performance outline. As I'm repeating for an exam, there might be some chapters that I struggle more than others. It would be nice to have a representation of how well my memory performs in each chapter. I imagine something like a colored overlay bar, whose lenght represents the fractions of seen vs. unseen rems, and whose color represents the quality of repetitions (green=good, yellow=soso, red=bad). It could be activated like an X-ray superpower. Example image: https://imgur.com/a/uzbzX5u
Suggestion #76   14⬆,1⬇,4RemNote      mastercontrolprogram Please add a Vim mode to use vim keybindings for navigation and editing.
Suggestion #92   14⬆,1⬇               I'm a lightbulb#6986 let us take control of our files
Suggestion #93   14⬆,2⬇               Bob7540#7540         let us be able to change text color as well instead of only being able to change background text highlights
Suggestion #148  14⬆,2⬇               Karthikk Vijay#9348  A global web clipper port for remnote , enabling us to do the same over documents , other note taking apps , etc Especially once the desktop app is out πŸ™‚
Suggestion #193  14⬆,1⬇               BlindOptimism#1285   Clozes and Occlusions are a really great feature. I'm finding that I usually have multiples on a single flash card and end up merging all to keep card count down. What would be really nice is every time you tap the card it removes one of the hidden items at a time, presumably in the order that you made them in the rem.
Suggestion #196  14⬆,2⬇               sirvan3tr#5800       Pomodoro timer and 10,000 hour tracker. I have a set of to do lists which are ultimately linked to projects and habits. It would be nice to track my hours spent on each "Rem" (or task) and then is recorded somewhere.
Suggestion #264  14⬆,2⬇               UMNiK#1419           Ability to highlight LaTeX. Would be quite useful to be able to setup coloured formula explanations like this https://betterexplained.com/wp-content/uploads/images/DerivedDFT.png
Suggestion #142  13⬆,1⬇               Faerch90#5393        A word counter would be useful ✌🏻
Suggestion #176  13⬆,1⬇               Karthikk Vijay#9348  Bring back "stop being tested on everything in this document" option please
Suggestion #199  13⬆,1⬇               Feitosa#4255         I suggest a make of a right-click menu with things like format text colors and stuff. Right-click is way more easy than clicking in the specific and small tree dots "..."
Suggestion #232  13⬆,1⬇               dmrd#9557            Allow bookmarking a workspace within remnote. It's possible by explicitly bookmarking the url, but would be nice to be able to switch quickly within remnote. Similar to pane vs. window distinction in editors or tmux.
Suggestion #250  13⬆,1⬇               eiko#4951            feature to put texts side by side, like this: before: https://i.imgur.com/c52numy.png after: https://i.imgur.com/iASioZD.png (as in notion)
Suggestion #259  13⬆,3⬇               Faerch90#5393        Inline calculator would be awesome!
Suggestion #299  13⬆,1⬇               KURT#9285            (1) Option to remove an entire document from SR queue and not edit rems one by one
Suggestion #300  13⬆,1⬇               liberated_potato#579 keyboard shortcut to move the cursor from one pane (in split window mode) to another pane ( like ``Ctrl +  W, W`` in vim)
Suggestion #314  13⬆,1⬇               Flavio#4922          default every bullet to be 'paragraph', unless told otherwise. I.e. After making a bullet 'H1', it's children should be 'paragraph' instead of 'H1' (current behavior)
Suggestion #49   12⬆,1⬇               WriterlyHacker#7631  Ability to automatically turn all Child Rems into Slots when the Parent is turned into s slot
Suggestion #82   12⬆,1⬇               Anisha#1423          **Image occlusion**: Hide all, guess one + hide one guess one option. By default, it's hide one guess one And if two occlusions are merged while Hide all, guess one option is selected, they can be displayed with a darker or a different color (for example) than the rest of the occlusions indicating that they are the ones in question.
Suggestion #86   12⬆,1⬇               jaflo2020#4582       chart and diagram flow and algorithm (option to create thel in remnote)
Suggestion #110  12⬆,1⬇               Convict_x93 (Karthik keyboard shortcut to jump to top and bottom rems altogether and not just the next or previous  line
Suggestion #145  12⬆,1⬇               Convict_x93 (Karthik Better functionality for Auto sort - power up  1. Reverse sort  2. Automatically push completed TODOs to the bottom  Also Kindly make the timestamp power up available for use
7 Likes

I also put them in an excel sheet with some comments.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for curating this! We’ve done something similar internally, but it’s great to have it organized more publically as well.

5 Likes