Unable to delete orphan rem

For some reason, I had a lot of random rems (about 100 or so) tagged with #orphan, so I started deleting all of them. During the process I experienced a lot of crashes, but was able to keep deleting them. however, now there’s 1 left and I can’t delete it, since every time i try to, remnote stops responding.

PS: I only noticed those rems because they started appearing on my global queue, without the correct hierarchy. Some of the were “copies” of flashcards that I made.

I’m currently using the web app on chrome. My chrome version is 90.0.4430.93

I previously encountered similar situations but not specific to orphan rems. I did not write up a bug report for those since I managed to resolve it in an indirect way. For some reason, it sometimes freeze when I try to get rid of tagged rems like yours.

Instead of deleting it via a portal, I try to locate the specific rem itself from the documents folder and right-click to delete it.

Another related issue on deleting rems and experiencing crash:

The steps and behaviour are both quite similar, leading me to think it might be a deeper issue not isolated to deleting rems with many linked references. In both instances. trying to backspace delete will crash.

3 Likes

so the problem seems to deleting certain types of rem through the search portals?

Not only search portals as the erroneous behavior here is consistent with what I have:

1 Like

Thank you for this information, I will look into this and bump it up.