Unable to open uploaded PDF

As of now Sunday, February 7, 2021 09:43:17 EST I cannot access my uploaded PDF’s and I get a message

Logging out and in and changing browsers Chrome, Safari, did not work. I am pretty sure this is a system wide issue at the moment.

I am also having major issues with pdf functionality.
Getting this error as well as unable to see pdf’s on different machine from one that did the initial upload

Please consider submitting a bug report on the official Github issue tracker to directly inform the devs. This channel is mostly for bug discussions amongst users.

I actually did submit that. The problem is now resolved. @Martin contacted me and the problem was caused by a an edge-case due to some highlight being stuck. It must have been a rare case. @Martin pushed an update yesterday that resolved the problem. So I am very happy.

At the same time it has shown me how dependent we can be when your notes are in the cloud. Because I was also unable to access my Rems. This incident has only convinced me more that keeping notes local is the way to go and to share from a local database using IPFS protocols (https://ipfs.io). I hope the developers will continue to make the desktop app as mjuch a priority as the browser version because that sets them far apart from apps like Roam etc.

Deep gratitude to @Martin for resolving this strange issue.

1 Like