Upload arbitrary files

It would be really nice to be able to store arbitrary files (e.g. config files, Word documents etc) with certain rem, as Notion lets you do :slight_smile:

Yes, definitely - I wholeheartedly agree.

Two main reasons and one addition to your feature request:

1. I use RemNote for my knowledge base and various projects (like writing papers, outlining the next presentation, meeting notes, etc.). If RemNote could handle arbitrary files, that would be fantastic - because very often (and foremost, when you’re working in teams), you’ll end up using PowerPoint, Excel, Word or their alternatives.

2. Not to speak of the myriad of other file formats. I, for example, regularly use sound files for my research and some of my colleagues even videos. Those things can’t be found on Spotify, Youtube (or else), so the option to integrate them with links is sadly not available. Files such as these, however, are huge (so it may become a concern if we’re allowed to store them in the cloud). Additionally, there’s privacy concern - I can’t upload such data to the cloud just like that. However, it would still be very nice to have all my notes for a specific project in one place and have its sources at least referenced.

→ Therefore: we also need the RemNote desktop app to support arbitrary files.

Additionally: If RemNote would speak to my calendar - now, that would really be great :slight_smile:

1 Like