Upload images to RemNote on mobile/app

I would be great if you could upload images to RemNote on mobile.
For me I would use this to add photos or upload doodles or scribbles from a meeting/class.

Made a bug report on that https://github.com/remnoteio/remnote-issues/issues/87

But I just checked and itā€˜s still not fixed

2 Likes

Agree. Would be great an option to share text and images in android to remnote

1 Like

Agree.that remnote should allow us to upload image from our local drive, be it PC or mobile

I am aware that we can actually open our local image in a viewer, then copy it to clipboard, and paste into the remnote (browser). But my suggestion is for an alternative, where we are provided with an upload button when click , would open a dialog box for us to select one or more local images for upload.

For the case of mobile, clicking the upload, will allow us to choose our images from our camera or gallery folder for upload. Currently now, using mobile browser, i still not sure how to upload image from my mobile local storage.

3 Likes

Agree. Insert or taking picture is useful on the go, since most of my pictures are taking with my phone, and I got to send them to my computer and insert them in RemNote.

2 Likes

Btw, you can sent images, text or links to the remnote via telegram bot (Project link is here: GitHub - pavlohrab/RemNote-bot: Small telegram bot to send notes into RemNote daily document., or just find in Telegram via username: @RemNoteBot). Super handy for quick entries with mobile. Made it, because missed the share to Remnote functionality for websites on the phone.

1 Like

fully agree. mobile must be fully functional, providing the same functions as web app plus full integration in the android share system

1 Like

I know that adding pictures through the android app has been requested, but I wonder if it would be possible to also take photos in the app?

This could be helpful for a better workflow when reading physical books and there are important non-text-material. Sometimes Iā€™d like to add some examples of musical notation, but Iā€™m sure there are a lot of other uses for this as well.

1 Like

How would this be markedly better than taking a photo in your phoneā€™s native app and then inserting that photo into RemNote? It seems unlikely that the devs would spend time on dedicated camera functionality.

As I donā€™t have any programming skills, I have no idea about the difference in the amount of work between the two. But as it is something that might speed up the workflow for some users, I thought I would add the suggestion here.

If itā€™s too much work for a minor function, Iā€™d just assume that the developers wonā€™t put their time into it.

##mobile-app
I use RemNote daily to record my life; Billing information; information about my newly purchased device,ā€¦
and the ability to use my phone to capture and upload to RemNote directly is necessaryā€¦
Thanks for upvotesā€¦
Thanks to RemNote Team for reading my request.

Keios Starqua

3 Likes

Taking a pictures from the camera or at least gallery would be extremally useful, while creating notes with phone.

1 Like

This would be amazing indeed. Hopefully itā€™s also included in the iOS app (if that ever comes out).

Iā€™d like to have a possibility to ā€œShare to RemNoteā€ of image from gallery. After calling it would be added either to daily document or better Iā€™d choose a REM where to put the image. Some image resizing will be necessary, because Iā€™ve hit 5MB limit for the image yesterday (my phone produces larger files by default). Other possibility would be - while editing in RemNote to have a button to include an image (from gallery or photo).

1 Like

Roam has this feature which is a big plus for them. However, in Roam you can only add one picture at a time which is super annoying and time consuming.

If you build this please allow users to add multiple images.

1 Like

Any update team ??? i also need this !

1 Like

Yes, this is very important for my workflow, I often draw diagrams with pen and paper or on a whiteboard when sketching ideas and being able to take a picture and save as a rem would be great. Now the process is so painful I just avoid putting the diagram because it would be to expensive to transfer the image on the computer or worst to redraw it digitally.

1 Like

I also need this function badly. Please make it happen. Thanks!

1 Like