Version control - git

Is it possible to add version control to remnote. One use is to follow my editing history of a page, recover deleted content etc.
Thanks in advance:)

(You can vote for your own request.)

1 Like

Is it possible to add version management to all REMs, and a new REM to automatically list its own critical (or flagged) versions.

Application scenarios:
People’s ideas and perceptions are constantly evolving, and if we want to record ideas, we need to track all the changes in ideas. If an idea continues to develop for more than a year or even longer, we may have forgotten the reason why some details were originally designed. The management, retrospect and display of the rem version will be very helpful to record the development of the idea.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m out of votes, so I write: Yes, wonderful idea. I very much support what you’re writing. I am using this app at the moment, and especially for projects with a deadline it comes in very handy: https://agenda.com/

Agenda App organises your notes around your calendar - which is nice, because you can then intuitively see the development of your thoughts over time. Additionally, of course, you can attribute dates and times to your notes. These notes will then automatically show up on a certain date, either in the app, your calendar or in a ‘timeline view’. This, I think, comes very close to what you describe as:

Of course, RemNote maybe shouldn’t (or can’t?) go that far. But still - apart from the obvious benefits of the idea you describe ( - that ideas evolve and that it is useful to see the evolvement of these ideas along a time axis), I can imagine many possible use cases. For instance: I wonder, whether I could have a document called ‘upcoming events’, and have the entries in that document automatically sorted by date (newest to oldest). This would be amazing to keep track of what is coming next, add notes to that project and overall, plan a little bit into the future.

Another use case for me would be what is called ‘snapshot’ in Scrivener. I have one or two notes which over time evolved to articles. These articles have different versions. It would be very nice to have a way to list these versions and see how it all developed. Because sometimes, you find that marvel of a sentence buried deep down in an old version of what you’ve written a long time ago.

Nice idea, thumps up :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like