Video import(can be stored in local drive)

Explanation:: When watching YouTube tutorials, sometimes, you want to go back to the exact period of the lesson to re-listen the explanation. Thus, it’s useful to have a clip of it. Especially, for graphic design, 3D design, and so on, words can’t fully describe what you see.

*If it’s a large file, I think people would be happy to have it on their local drive. So the cost can be low for RemNote

Would you prefer to have the video saved on your hard-drive instead of being a direct (timestamp-specific) link to the YouTube video?

1 Like

I would like to have both. Direct link to YouTube is great, but I also have tutorials that I bought and downloaded on the internet which is not on YouTube. That can be saved in local storage.

1 Like

As a workaround, you can upload (parts of) the video to imgur and paste a i.imgur.com/yourVideoName.mp4 link to RemNote (keep the imgur limitations in mind). I use https://www.screentogif.com/ to cut and export a screen recording.

2 Likes

I would like to have something like Airr for YouTube videos. Being able to highlight the subtitles with timestamp and the video clip to Remnote.

Hey guys, I’d love to add small videos in my RemNote; this would make the perfect app for me.

Hey, Ana! Welcome to the forum. I believe there is a shortcut for embedding links to audio clips and/or videos. It should be Cmd + L. Let me know if this works :slight_smile:

You may upload the video to an external service (imgur, dropbox) and embed it as a link by /video or ctrl+e.

1 Like

Thanks. It did not work…

Ok, will definitely try. And will let you know. We can add youtube videos, for example, but not our own from PC. But it can be a good plan B to add to Dropbox and then to Remnote. Perhaps RemNote will in the future allow to add directly? Would be great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes