View PDF and its Highlights side by side

I would really appreciate it if I could see my PDF and its highlights side by side.
In the current version of RemNote, when the same PDF is opened in two panes and it is attempted to make one show the PDF and the other pane to show the highlights, they always switch the view simultaneously instead of being independent of each other (view GIF below to see what I mean)

Thanks for reading and considering this option!

One workaround is to create a portal to the highlights page in the other pane.

5 Likes

Workaround - reading pdf on the desktop app and highlights on google chrome or vice versa

1 Like

I wanted to read a pdf and parallelly make notes from it and my highlights of it,but when i open the pdf in split view and then on the other side open its notes - the document shifts to notes on both sides. Or if i click on the pdf it opens the pdf on both split views.
I want there to be the pdf on one side and its notes on other, Could someone please guide how to do this?

2 Likes

I still am missing this feature. I feel like the PDF highlighting (which is a little clunky) needs this.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve just noticed a new release has dropped today. However, I do not see any improvement or resolution to the problem described above.

I too think it is an essential function to be able to have the ‘note making’ rem open alongside the pdf that is being highlighted.

To be frank, without the ability to highlight a part of a pdf and then be able to either reword that highlight in my own words or simply add context below the highlight, the pdf highlighting in remnote is worthless.

I am amazed that what seems like an obvious function to include was not their originally and is still not there now.

Do we know if this is being worked on and if not is there a way to find out?

Cheers all

Oh, belated happy new year to you all :slight_smile:

1 Like