Zotero Integration

I would like to request Zotero integration for Remote. Realizing that direct integration can add unwanted bloat to the software, I would like to request a team maintained plug-in for academic users.

I do not have a software background, so what is feasible is difficult for me to gauge. Also, there may be even better ways to do things. That said, I would like to be able to link directly from Zotero references to Remnote REM and vice versa.

1. Ideally, there would be metadata integration into the REM referencing the article that would synchronize; so that if you import a reference into Remote the selected metadata would carry over into the rem; including the cite key as an alias. Even better, you would be able to create settings for metadata to carry over.
  2. The PDF revision and editing would happen in Remnote but the notes taken would synchronize over to the notes section in Zotero for the reference; with each note having a link to the corresponding rem in remote.
  3. The tags attached to the document in Remnote would sync over to the Zotero reference. tag pane.
  4. References made to other zotero articles in Remnote would link over to “related” tab in the Zotero reference.

That already seems like a lot for a starting point but I think I have put them in approximate order of importance. I think at least the first couple would help my productivity significantly; especially the PDF integration. Hopefully other academic users feel the same and are willing to make suggestions or make these suggestions even better.

A post was merged into an existing topic: PDF Metadata retrieval