Zotero plugin in the making?

Is anyone already working on a zotero plugin now that the plugin marketplace is open? :smiley:

1 Like

There is a plugin request here. No one has started working on it yet though AFAIK.

2 Likes

This is not plugin, but zotero citation style Iā€™m using with remnote: remnote_tiny.csl. Just ā€œGenerate Bibliography for Itemā€ using this style, and copy-paste it to RemNote using Ctrl+Shift+V (Shift is important for correct formatting). This will create a list of authors and tags paper with the first author and a year.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Iā€™ve been using CSL as wellā€¦ but I would like to see a bidirectional sync between remnote and zotero

Since Zotero can add card notes, there are already plugins that link Zotero with Obsidian, Notion and other note taking software to make it possible to generate real-time updated card notes, search for notes, and jump links in both directions. As an avid fan of RemNote, I really think that RemNote, with rem as the smallest structural unit, can do a better job of linking with Zotero. That would be a RemNote plugin in Zotero rather than a Zotero plugin in RemNote. I am not sure if itā€™s allowed to be talked here, but this will attract many people to start trying RemNote to replace other ones.

2 Likes

Hello @Hang_Liu, could you elaborate on why would a remnote plugin in zotero rather than the opposite? thank you for your comment :slight_smile:

I guess I was wrong, given that we already have the Better BibTeX for Zotero plugin, I realized that it would be easy to implement a real-time automatic export of the literature library in Zotero. All that is needed is a plugin in RemNote that can organize these informations.

1 Like