Ability to change the global defaults of the concept descriptor framework

It would be pretty useful for my workflow if I could make certain things, like images, descriptors by default, because right now they are concepts by default and I gotta manually change it every single time I add an image. Same with latex. So my idea is that you have an option in the settings with the name global default or global default framework, where you can set the default card type and rem type for uppercase letters, lower case letters, images, latex etc. Adding this customisation option would allow for different frameworks to be used without having to constantly work around the current setting and from what I’ve seen there’s a demand for more customisation. Additionally it would be useful to be able to not only change the global default framework but also change it for a single rem so that I could for example have a handful of rems, whose descendants turn all images into descriptors by default, while everywhere else it‘s set to the global default. So something along the lines of the custom scheduler

Also some linked threads:

2 Likes

I think I formulated my request pretty badly so I will try it again: I’d like to have an option in the settings to change the default directions of concepts and descriptors so that I could for example have concepts always be forward only. None of my hundreds of concept type flashcards are both ways, meaning that I had to manually make them forward only every single time. I am aware of the question type flashcard which is forward only by default but having a question mark at the end just looks weird if your flashcard isn’t a question, in my case mostly vocabulary.

Another thing that I‘d like to have is an option to turn off the uppercase lowercase convention. I tried to formulate that in my original post but I don‘t think I was direct enough. Basically I don’t want flashcards to automatically turn into descriptors. The problem is that when I import flashcards from quizlet, there will be descriptors because of the lowercases and I have to manually turn them into concepts.

Overall it‘s about having more freedom when creating flashcards. It‘s really annoying and time consuming to work with RemNote if your preferred method goes against the concept descriptor framework because you constantly have to do these extra changes. If there was a setting option that let‘s you set the default card direction of concepts and an option to automatically turn lowercase flashcards into concepts, that would save me so much work.

1 Like