Advanced video embedding with the ability to attach notes to video time

Probably a pipe dream for the moment, here’s an example of what I am thinking of. It would be even nicer to have the clipper work with any video and basically add a Coursera-type side panel of screenshots and notes, like YiNote.

Implementation in Roam.

Current plugin implementations in RemNote

Worldbrain Memex also has introduced video annotations on Nov. 17th: Memex Release Notes. Have not tried how to get information from the extension into RemNote though.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like they have the ability to mark up the screenshot that goes along with the timestamp like YiNote does though.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a cool feature.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pin for YouTube videos

I do hope a time-stamping feature will be looked into down the line.

2 Likes

+1 - pls pls prioritize

1 Like

Yes time stamp would be great

Here is a quick thing I made today, would this help solve the problem? (Right now it only works for Youtube videos)

Create a new plugin at https://remnote.io/plugins with the name set to “YoutubeToRemNote”, URL set to https://youtubetoremnote.glitch.me/ and permissions set to “Read and Create”

(When viewing notes make sure to expand the plugin rem as RemNote does not auto expand when new children are added)

11 Likes

I have tried out & yes have found very useful

As discussed in Discord having the ability to use the share link vs just the url link would be very helpful

For my needs it works so far

1 Like

sorry… it seems does not work on windows download version? I can not find where my notes go…

is this a chrome extension?

1 Like

All notes are created as children to the plugin rem.

After you have taken your notes, you have to expand the rem by pressing the little arrow to the left.

Does this help?

2 Likes

Oh, it helps, thanks for your quick and detailed reply! sorry for my stupid question ( I’m a fresh man… (just start yestoday)

1 Like

I would also love the ability to add my own video content/ downloaded courses to remnotes for this purpose rather than only youtube content

1 Like

Moved to the new platform