Cursor Loses Focus When Indenting/Un-indenting a Rem + When Moving a Rem Up

Edit 1: Also happens when you do the opposite (Shift + Tab to turn a child rem into a parent rem).

Edit 2: Cursor also loses focus when moving rems up, i.e. when using the Alt + shortcut.

Steps to reproduce the bug

1. Create a parent rem
  2. Hit Enter key to go to the next line
  3. Hit Tab key to make it a child rem of the parent
  4. Note that cursor loses focus

Device Specifications

• Browser: Safari v15.2
  • NOT on the desktop app.

Mn? :thinking: It’s not happen to me.

Video test

Device Specifications

• Windows 10
  • Browser: Google Chrome.
  • Not on the desktop app.
2 Likes

This is happening to me as well on iPad safari :frowning:

4 Likes

same thing is happening to me on iPad Safari

3 Likes

Whenever I indent a rem, the cursor vanishes. I need to Click again on the rem to activate it (Clip Attached)

3 Likes

This is not the only time the cursor disappears
Flaky cursor jumps when editing, especially links

3 Likes

This is still an issue, leading me to wonder if it will ever be fixed

1 Like

Same thing here @Karthikk

@Gravity @Vanta @Saad_Alkhurainej could you guys confirm if this is happening in Safari for you guys?

Yes, still happening in 1.7.4 :frowning:

Awesome update though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

gotcha, looks like it’s a safari only issue. Will inform the team!

2 Likes

No not just safari. it happens in all browsers and also the PWA

2 Likes

Hello. I am doing a deep dive into RemNote and am quite impressed. I do have one small complaint and I’m wondering if there is a fix for this. As I am writing notes, whenever I use the tab key to alter the hierarchy, I find that the focus shifts out of the editor and I have to manually put my cursor back at the position I was writing. This is very distracting and disrupts the flow of my work. Is this a problem others have found? I would love to know that there is s simple way to fix this. Barring that, I’d like to suggest that this is a bug that should be squashed. Thank you.

4 Likes

I should note that my initial comment related to using Remnote in Safari. I have since found that on the desktop app for Mac, the tab key does NOT make the editor lose focus. That is acceptable, though I would like to know if there is a way to fix the behavior in Safari.

3 Likes

Nope it’s happening in Firefox for me

1 Like

we have found the issue and there should be a fix soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, @Karthikk , Cursor Loses Focus in Portal too which has seted up Globally Pin Search Context. This bug is bothering me too much

Note, this is the text in the notepad
1.When I press enter, I can’t indent the newly created rem, because the cursor focus is on the pop-up panel
2.When you tab into rem A, you lose mouse focus, and you can’t type, you can’t type anything

One more question, after you set the globally pin search context, when you create a new rem, a panel will always pop up, is this a bug or a feature? I think this is the reason for the above bug

This one is a bug, thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

Hey! I agree this is an annoying bug, we are currently building a new version of the editor that will aim at resolving similar bugs on a larger level and also have better multi-language support! Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: We have fixed this bug, you should be able to see the changes in the next major update (along with the new editor)

3 Likes