January 2022 Update - RemNote 1.6

Hey, @Gabriela.AD

Are there differences between them?

1 Like

In this version no, sometime we send out an update to alpha and then to beta. But this update has been sent to them together :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you all very much…
I didn’t know this soon… I just found out…
When I know there’s a new update, it makes me dance like crazy… :dancing_men:

6 Likes

Though turning on the beta function, my desktop does not update to the 1.6 version but rather stays at the 1.53. Any way we can force the update on the desktop?

2 Likes

I have a tag which was used more than 10k times. After V1.5 update, every time I use this tag, RN app will be frozen. I need to force out and restart the app again. I use this tag as template.

This freezing issue still happens in V1.6. It will happen ‘every’ time I use this tag. It is not a random issue. Don’t know whether other people met this or not.

Please try to solve this issue. Thanks for the team’s hard working.

Just a heads up…This is still not resolved in 1.6 Beta

3 Likes

Great update! Really impressed with the speed of search using the Omnibar, feels pretty instantaneous :star_struck: And thanks a ton for adding the ability to add multiple sources - very very useful! They also look super clean in-line.

3 Likes

The remnote clipper still seems to use the previous version as it uses the regular www.remnote.com. For example the “/source” is not available in there.

2 Likes

When I toggle a nested Rem, the sources doesn’t get toggled. This makes my landing page look cluttered when I add multiple website sources to any Rem. Is there a way to hide the sources until I zoom into that Rem?
Regards.

2 Likes

I’m in the beta server. The search wheel just keeps on spinning?

The update also hasn’t reached the desktop app for some reason.

8 Likes

I updated to 1.6 and back to 1.5.3.
encounter the same problem, I can’t search for anything now.
what a mess to me.

3 Likes

Update 1.6 featuring dont work in linux mint… oh my God. Icannot add source, not search, this beta version its horrible, and the instanly search?? im in a looping for Hours… what are you doing with Remnote? beta its beta … disaster its a disaster ok?

If you cannot search, you might go to the web version. My desktop ran into the problem of never-ending spinning when searching; however, the web app works fine (if not better than ever before). Considering how desktop was not automatically updated before, I seriously suspect that something went wrong with the beta update package on the desktop.

3 Likes

Remnote web works perfectly. Thanks

1 Like

@Karthikk, Hi Karthikk, Please don’t ignore my problem. Now I cannot use Remnote at all. I have faced this problem for more than 2 months since the v 1.5 updates. I have contacted you through Discord and email a few times but there is no reply to me for 2 months. I don’t think this is the right way to handle your LLL.

4 Likes

Just to say the destop Beta 1.6 (windows 11) was not a good experience for me. I could not search, nor add templates - stuck on spinning wheel. I lost several hours with this as this obstacle prevents any progress within Remnote in my own workflow. I have now returned to version 1.5.3.

3 Likes

Regarding Deskop sync:
As it may be of relevance, I’m sharing here @hannesfrank 's reply to a previous thread on the issue of syncing download to desktop app. He outlines the process to be followed.

2 Likes

One issue I’m noticing with the new daily note in the sidebar is that it seems to be independent from when the current date is referenced elsewhere in my database. Typing “!!” to reference today’s date will give me an identical entry in the daily note page, leaving me with two copies and cluttering the daily note page.

TLDR: Referencing today’s date gives me a duplicate entry to the daily note that may end up disrupting workflows.

1 Like

I have a bug with the search feature , it´s not searching anything

3 Likes

the same problem it just keeps spinning and not showing anything

2 Likes