Can not use remnote

I have tried this a lot of times. Tonight the CPU usage is so high and I can not edit my notes! Really hope this can be handled!
It seems that there appears to be weired additional rem being created and Really really annoy because I’m a heavy user…

Agree. but I think RemNote Devs are may in the hard work.
It’s a bit of a hassle, but we’ll see. :grinning:

@enthusiastic
It shouldn’t be the case that RemNote creates rems out of nowhere, that’s not OK, I think.
From what I see, overnight you’ve (or some bug has) doubled the number of rem.
Can you navigate your KB? Can you look for what those rems are? “half” of your DB is new, you should be able to see what it is…

Also, could post progress of number of rem since yesterday, I’m curious to see how this is progressing.
+1

Really uncanny but it did happen. I also tried to find where the duplicate rems are, they seems to reside in one single document. However every-time I tried to open some document named “untitled” document, the program freezes (even after I log in a few minutes without touching anything!).
However, once I tried really hard to open a document called “untitled” it seems to be an portal set, by portal set I mean a document full of portal of my previous rem. I think that may be the problem. However I can not delete it because the freeze happens again (try to think if you open a document contains thousands of (10000+) portals). Then the webpage crushes again

Ok I see
Is this untitled rem a top-rem?
If so, you could delete from the document menu?

If not, another idea (I’m not a dev, so take all I say with caution) would be to have a CSS snippet that blocks portals to show up in the first place… that is a solution only if it is showing the portals that make it crash. If you can have access to the css custom page of course.
Then you could go to the page where this untitled rem is, and delete it and all its content?

that’s my guess.

(please note again: I’m no dev, be carefull with my advices, they are merely guesses from a regular RemNote user)

Thanks for your suggestion. I’m now created a new account and make some notes in the new account. Actually your advice sounds good but It’s hard for me to get a css snippet which blocks the portals (with almost no dev background too)… But I’m asking the support team whether they can do this or other solution. Really appreciated for your help!

1 Like

About this issue, I have received feed back from the support team, they suggest me to delete all my rems and choose a normal version before spike from “daily backup” to restore which although will cause some lost of rems but may be the best action before they figuring out what’s going wrong(may be caused by some browser add-ons so I decided to use another browser afterwards to avoid the same thing happen again). then I can keep using Remnote (I really love this tool!). Thanks for anyone’s reply

just to follow up, did restoring from a previous backup clear this issue for you?

It will be really beneficial to understand what triggered this event, so that we can prevent it for other users. usually it’s an external cause like an import/ browser plugins.

pls do try to investigate the trigger and share with us any information that you think might be relevant.

Yes, although lost around 1 day’s rems it works!

I also think that’s important. But the thing happen just after one our I leave my computer almost without changing anything. After the crush I forced sync to my Desktop version then my desktop version began to suffer from same high CPU and Memory utilization.
About the 2 factors you have mentioned, I have sent a snapshot to the engineers(support team) about all the browser plugins I have been used. And I have not done any import.

1 Like