Can you turn parts of latex into references?

Is it possible to turn things that you wrote in latex into references? Every time I try it, I get a message that something went wrong

2 Likes
  1. Referencing something inside latex, i.e. a part of a formula is currently not possible and is hard to do because the content of a latex box is handed to an external library (KaTeX) to render.
    RemNote could maybe make it work like this (maybe make Feature Request?):

• Allow the \href command (see KaTeX HTML) by enabling the trust option for the KaTeX renderer (KaTeX Options). trust should be enabled for \href only or very carefully to not get security problems when importing shared documents.
    • Maybe preprocess the latex and transform [[x]] to \href{https://remnote.io/document/[x.id]}{x} which is not easy/impossible to do properly: If it would just be a text reference (without underlaying rem id) they would not get renamed automatically when editing the target name and can’t distinguish rems with the same name (same problem as in Mermaid diagrams with Clickable SVG Links and Resolution of pasted [[references]] and get_by_name).
      A better option would be to use the [rem name](rem id) syntax from markdown, I think.
  2. Referencing a rem including latex, i.e. a whole formula should be possible just like any other rem.