Command: Swap alias with name of rem

Add a command plus shortcut (Keyboard Driven Workflow and Commands) to swap an alias with the main name of the rem.

I.e. turn this

into this

This is useful if I later discover a better name for a concept. In this exmaple I want to use the more descriptive full name instead of the abbreviation as the main name so when I hover over a reference using the alias ([[ICA]]) I can see what it means.

If the shortcut is triggered on the alias rem itself it could reuse Alt + A.

I’m still brand new to RemNote, but one thing I’ve already discovered is that swapping these can be problematic. For example, say I make a rem called “Bob” and then later make an alias for his full name, “Smith, Bob.” Later, I decide I want to all people to be stored as “last name, first name” concepts with first names as aliases. I can manually go in and change these two for Bob, but then everywhere I used “Bob” conversationally will get changed to “Smith, Bob,” which isn’t ideal. Just being able to drag and drop an alias onto a concept to swap them would solve this problem. Or is there already a way to handle this currently and I’m just not aware of it yet?

1 Like