[Mega-Thread] Graph View Feature Requests

make it possible to toggle a legend saying what each thing is…
like:

4 Likes

umm, could the graph have some colors based on the level of practice done on the document, meaning to say, something like all the nodes that are not practiced being gray and the onces that are at 100% remembered state, being yellow,

I hope thats clear

1 Like

Great Idea! I think we will integrate this into the graph-viewer controls.

2 Likes

I’d like to use the graph view for mindmapping. For that it would be helpful if we can pin the rem where new nodes are created in like it is already possible in the editor.

3 Likes

Infinite screen on phone - embodied learning

Example:: similar to this

Explaination:: Your phone only shows part of your knowledge map(Similar to the real map in the pic), and as you move your body, more concepts are revealed. In that way, knowledge is embodied in someway. (embodied learning ;D)

3 Likes

Filter out universal discriptor, daily document or anything unrelated

Problem: I found universal discriptors have biggest clusters in my graph. And that’s not what I want. I want to see real concepts be the center of a cluster. Daily documents also disrupts the graph in the same way.

Suggestion: Maybe offer inclusion/exclusion function.

1 Like

Using different shades of the same color to visualize according to your own data

Explaination:: if I want to see all the newest papers I’ve just read, then I can search a universal discriptor ~Year(I made that in my system). Using that, I can show all the papers according to the year. The newer, the more obvious.

Example: https://www.connectedpapers.com/.

1 Like

Haha, with support for Oculus Quest!

2 Likes

Haha, that would be cool! Maybe supporting phone first so that most of the people can use it.

Network of Latexes

Explaination:: As I’m learning math, many important concepts are written in Latex. So, it would be nice to see the network of latexes. So I can see how different formulas are connected.

1 Like

Multi-player network building

Explanation:: Having other people discussing with you often helps to brainstorm. Thus, Inviting people to use your Rems to build a graph together can potentially spark ideas.

3 Likes

I have a few requests to make :

1. Edges that split :
  • Current scenario : when a descriptor/edge has more than one reference in it, it is simply shown as a multitude of duplicate edges like this :

• Solution proposed:

1. Hide useless edges automatically :
  • Current scenario : When a rem contains references within itself (instead of the neat connection via a descriptor) the edge is just a duplicate of the rem content itself, ignoring the text of the reference. This is kind of pointless as the same is shown in the node and only thus adds on to the noise overall

• Solution proposed: Hide edges for such cases, while showing when there is value (using descriptors)

1. Arched edges to make more sense of bi-directional connections and multiple connections between nodes :
  • Current scenario :
  1. A straight edge with double sided arrow is used to show bi-directional connection between two nodes, and only one of the edge description is shown. Whereas in this case two different edge descriptions are possible and should be clearly shown.
  2. When there are multiple edges between two nodes they are not shown, only one connection is shown
9 Likes

Suggestion:: Create a function to group entries together and be able to add names to them.

2 Likes

Creating children of a rem directly in the graph view was asked in todays community call again. Looks like it is supported now :raised_hands:

5 Likes

To do this you would simply indent? Then from there it would create children via the graph mode?

1 Like

Would love the ability to use graph as a Flow Chart

From a visual perspective the arrows/ connectors to the nodes (the edge relationship if you will) is very faded/ light in colour & therefore a little more difficult to see the direction of the flow chart

Would like to be able to have these connector arrows darker in colour or the ability to adjust the colour/ darkness level so that we can see the direction of the flow more easily

7 Likes

I wish there were alternative visualizations for the graph view maybe similar to Roam or Obsidian.

2 Likes

Is the graph view something you’re prioritizing?
Currently it is not something I work with, but if it would have a little less clunky design and a filter option like in Obsidian - that would be a gamechanger You have the huge advantage that you’re already block referencing every rem (Obsidian only references pages in its graph) and that you’re design is already better set up than Roam so…

3 Likes

Can we please save a graph.
Like for eg, a separate document or space where all ur saved graphs will be stored.

1 Like