June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8

And the first prize for the best software disaster 2022 itos for??? yesss REMNOTE TEAM

Any alternatives for non-pro users like me? Since I can only have one synced KB.
My desktop app isn’t syncing & is stuck on 1.7. I’ve exported the data but based off the forums & discord, sounds like if I just import it into the same synced KB on the web-app, it will duplicate the rems?

You could perhaps import it into a new account?

Meant to update my comment sooner but manually updating the desktop app synced the newer notes. Thanks though

1 Like

Hi guys, I think most of the issues of the last week or so have died down, but I’m noticing some discrepancies between the desktop and web version of the app. The desktop version seems to be syncing constantly but says that it was last synced 6 days ago. On top of this, I’m missing an awful lot of uploaded images and pdfs on desktop, but not in the web app. I did manually install an update of the desktop version but this doesn’t seem to have helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

My desktop stopped syncing again. The lower left corner notification suddenly says “synced a day ago” this afternoon. I logged on the web app and of course nothing’s showing up from the past day… I wonder if this is related to the new 18.8 update. I thought the syncing was finally working yesterday. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any suggestion?

Me too, 1,88 APP dont sync again

yes, yesterday syncing was working, with 1.8.8 version not, in local version and web versiso remnote.com server

This can be fixed by going to settings → search for “force sync” and hit it. If this doesn’t do it for you, please open a support token and we can help get you sorted there.

@Ruoxi_Lu @jaime2021 could you please click on the syncing icon, copy the info (you will see a copy icon) and send it to us via “contact support” please?

I’m so sorry to hear that.
That’s why earlier in June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8 - #89 by RemNoteUserName I suggested to either

• work on the old version, make full backups, ignore the new version until it can auto update smoothly or
  • create a new local only knowledge base

instead of overwriting your full backup into new synced KB, that sounds kinda dicey

I have experienced data loss related to syncing last year, I couldn’t recover them, luckily it was just a few hours of notes, if I had lost notes I edited days before I would have lost my marbles.
Since then I decided to work exclusively with local only knowledge base until I find something more reliable than RemNote. There’s just something fundamentally wrong about how this app handles data, I have found that logseq has much better separation of data and behavior.

Hi, thank you for replying.

Yes, you are right. I turned out to delete all my previous rems, and re-imported my backup of 10th July into a blank account, then everything seems normal now. The cost is that I lost 2-day work.
Be honest, before this update, I was quite satisfied with the functions that RemNote provides (the only function I was expecting is to have a table function like Notion). Although sometimes there were some confusions, but overall, it was alright. But this update really messed up my working flow, which scared me (because I heavily rely on it) and wasted me a lot of time to figure it out. So I started to seek alternatives. I checked Obisidian, but its UX design is really not my cup of tea. I never heard Logseq until you mentioned it. I will check it out.

Many thanks!

Yes i send the info syncing… but app and web version only load 99% of search and freeze and its impossible download backups if i will create a new date base and upload the backup

The auto-sort power up is now broken for me. Nothing sorts at all anymore. I found that if I removed the tag and re-added it, it would do a one-time sort again, but after that, it stops working completely.

1 Like

the same happens for me

I can’t work in my database in any way. It goes extremely slow and crashes, be it the WPA, web version, or desktop app. It’s been two days now, after there was supposedly been solved all syncing issues. Help!

I’ve sent the syncing info via contact support yesterday, but haven’t got news back. @Karthikk

2 Likes

@nukesean @hugo in the new editor the auto-sort is a bit degraded where you have to toggle on/off the rem with the tag to do another sort. We are working on fixing this.

1 Like

Has the announced CSS full documentation been released?

It’s available for all private beta testers - Custom CSS | RemNote Plugin Docs