RemNote 1.8 - The Extensibility and Performance Update is ready for user-testing
You can access the update here - http://new.remnote.com/
When you access the website you will see this disclaimer:
Logging into new.remnote.com will migrate your account to our new and improved database. You will not be able to log into the normal remnote.com, mobile app, or desktop app until we release RemNote 1.8 in a few days. No data will be lost or changed in the migration. Thanks for helping us test!
Please note that the entire RemNote team has been testing this internally for a few weeks already and we have all migrated both our personal and work accounts into the new database without any data loss. This should be safe, but keeping a manual backup of your Knowledge-base before testing anything new is always recommended
Overview of RemNote 1.8 update:
Plugins - We’ve built the web’s most powerful plugin system to help you with any and all of your thinking and learning needs.
- Core Plugins - We’re kick-starting our plugin community with core plugins built by the RemNote team. These will be available when RemNote 1.8 is released next week
- Calling All Developers! - Plug your Discord username into this form, and get added to our private dev channel and get access to build alpha plugins. We’ll start inviting devs once RemNote 1.8 is released next week!
Note: the testing server will not have access to the demo plugins, they will only be available with the regular 1.8 update.
Knowledge-Base Upgrades (only for Pro Users)
- Multiple Knowledge Bases - Create multiple Knowledge Bases from a single account.
- (Alpha) Shared Knowledge Bases - Thinking and learning doesn’t happen in isolation. Create a Knowledge Base and share with friends.
Dark Mode - An ideal experience for late-night work.
- Omnibar Preview - preview of the selected Search result is now visible on the Omnibar
- NLP for Dates in the Omnibar - Natural Language Processing (NLP) in the Omnibar now recognises dates and helps retrieve the correct Daily Document
- Natively International - Full non-Latin alphabet (including full right-to-left languages) support. No more search issues, bugs, or other idiosyncrasies.
- Full-Featured Mobile Editor - Mobile apps will now have full WYSIWYG support and be in full feature-parity with the web-app.
New Mobile UI - Mobile apps will have custom UI that is optimised for smaller touch screens.
Redesigned Omnibar - Improved visual distinction of results and comes with two new Lab upgrades.
Multiple Panes on Steroids - Panes can now be moved, resized, swapped and opened in desired ways without leaving the keyboard
Improved Breadcrumbs - Breadcrumbs on the top now get neatly tucked away when too long and expand on click.
Upgrades and Stability
Backend Architecture (Database) Revamp
Faster, Consistent Syncing - Syncing is now faster, easier and more effective in the backend.
Complete Data Portability - You have full control over your data and we made it more accessible.
New Desktop App - Faster & more performant.
High-Fidelity Imports from other popular tools
Intercom Based Support for Everyone!
Tons of Bug-Fixes
Attention Testers: If you find anything out of the ordinary in the testing server (new.remnote.com) please report to us immediately using the new in-app Support system. You can access this by clicking on ‘?’ button → Contact Support → Send us a message.
For full changelog read here RemNote